Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Oh no...not another Swede...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no...not another Swede...

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Oh no...not another Swede...

Hello everybody!
    47 year young guitar noob from Sweden wants to join the party.
    This looks like a nice and friendly site, looking forward to hang out here.

cheers!

Guitars: Squier Jagmaster, Squier CV50's Stratocaster, Ibanez Talman Electro-Acoustic
    Amp: VOX Pathfinder 15R
    Moped: Piaggio Ciao PX

Edit:
    Sorry, posted in the wrong place, perhaps one of the mods could be kind and move it...?
    Last edited by Telefinken; August 27th, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !!!! You swedes are a happy bunch !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Monkus! Happy bunch?..it must be because of the long winters I guess!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Tjena! Welcome to the Fret!

How did you find this place?

Watch out for the SuperSwede!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yikes! Sweedish invasion!

Welcome to The Fret, Telefinkin.

My neighbor had one of these old Volvos. I always though it was cool...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Tjena! Welcome to the Fret!

How did you find this place?

Tjenare Robert, o tack för välkomnandet!
    I watched some of your videos (great stuff, BTW!) on youtube, followed the links and ended up here. Looked like a cool place, so I thought I'd might as well sign up and join the fun! I hang out on a few other forums as well, Strat- and Squier-talk and TDPRI, but this seems to be more of a "guitars-and-stuff-in-general" community, which can be nice for a change, and as a complement to the other, more brand specific ones.

Thanks for the warning about the SuperSwede, I'll watch my back!

Cheers
    Johan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Yikes! Sweedish invasion!

Welcome to The Fret, Telefinkin.
    Ha ha, thanks Doug!

Yeah, those Volvo P1800's are really cool! The guy who designed it later became Swedens most well-known boat designer. Too bad he didn't stay with Volvo instead...

Hey, nice guitars You have! I love those Reverends, although I've never seen one "in person".

cheers
    Johan

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! (And please bring more of your friends) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tig

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bcdon! I'll see what I can do.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say something, but after Tig's post, I forgot.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I was going to say something, but after Tig's post, I forgot.
    Wow Rev, I didn't know you liked Volvos that much!
    More Volvo's...

Last edited by Tig; August 27th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!! I am 47 also, and a semi-noob. Been at it a few years now, and have been a member here for all but a few months of that. Lots and lots of friendly help to be had here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

No matter how much we try to get rid of these Swedes, they just won't budge!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Welcome!! I am 47 also, and a semi-noob. Been at it a few years now, and have been a member here for all but a few months of that. Lots and lots of friendly help to be had here.
    Thank You, young man! geee, I wish I could call myself a semi-noob too, how long will it take to get there...
    Idaho? Are You in the potato business?

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

No matter how much we try to get rid of these Swedes, they just won't budge!
    Why yes of course! We must spread our meat-balls all over the world, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Telefinken
    Why yes of course! We must spread our meat-balls all over the world, right?
    Yes! Thank Goodness for the power of IKEA! I can get me meatballs there anytime I'm Edmonton. Actually, it's crazy how cheap it is to eat there. You can get pasta lunch for $1.99, and meat balls and potatoes are $2.99. Talk about fast and good fast food!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

You do know that hailing from the shredder nation of Sweden means that you'll be playing rings around us in no time.

Glad you're here, and post often!

On another note, I heard an IKEA advertisement on the radio yesterday. A bright and cheery Swedish accented, female voice said (and I'm paraphrasing):

"At IKEA, we have everything for the home. Cookware to prepare a family meal, servingware to serve it, and if they complain, we sell lots of big, sharp knives!"

After laughing heartily, I made a mental note. If I'm EVER in Sweden (or see an IKEA logo in the home), I've decided to eat whatever is offered, and like it, lest I leave with more holes in me than I arrived with.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes! Thank Goodness for the power of IKEA! I can get me meatballs there anytime I'm Edmonton. Actually, it's crazy how cheap it is to eat there. You can get pasta lunch for $1.99, and meat balls and potatoes are $2.99. Talk about fast and good fast food!
    I've had that meal at our Ikea, and it was pretty dang tasty.
    Might need to go up to the store again...

Found a "smilie" you might like, Robert.

(http://www.alsat.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/Sweden.gif)

Post Thanks / Like

Damn right! I´m loaded..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast