Thread: Coincidence?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coincidence?

Just stumbled across your site and discovered your anniversary is the same day as my birthday! And what a great site I must say. I was a moderator on another guitar forum and what a nightmare! It was myself and one other person who never did anything. I spent 99% of my time cleaning up spam. I finally gave it up and when I did the forum folded. It was not a pleasant experience. Anyways, I'm a 58 year old Ohioan that's been plunking around with guitar for the last 40 some odd years. Taught myself on a Yamaha acoustic after falling in love with Neil Young. Still own an acoustic but mostly play electric nowadays. my main focus is on blues, country and southern rock. My equipment is not fancy..a MIM Fender strat/Washburn semi-hollowbody/"Indiana" tele and my first electric I ever owned..an early 80's "Seville" jap strat with one humbucker pickup and a two way switch..along with my "Pearl" a/e which is korean made. My amps are Crate, Peavey and Behringer. I own reverb, chorus, eq and compression effects pedals and a hum debugger for when I play with the single coils. Looking forward to getting and giving some great advice here! I have a little spare time on my hands as I am only working 30 hours a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shout out to a fellow Ohioan!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, great to have you here!

Make yerself at home will ya.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! The Fret is a great place to hangout and is full of nice and talented people. See you!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!

(Just read your post abt your Hardwire Reverb. Very good choice! )
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the fret, Elijah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Elijah. I bet you'll love this place, as it stays mostly civil and respectful. Plenty of great people to share with, so dig in!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME AND
    GO BLUE!!!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I can only imagine the headache of moderating a forum.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan