Thread: Philadelphia Area Fretter Beer Summit?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Philadelphia Area Fretter Beer Summit?

Well. I figured this was the most appropriate area for this thread, let me know otherwise if that is the case ... but would anyone be interested in having Philadelphia Pa fretters meet up for discussion / fun / beer summit? I already got the OK from Joe Biden. Sorry my Canadian friends! (its a long drive!) maybe you can have a simultaneous beer summit up North... We can start a list of preferred meeting places, but I'd start with offering the Triumph brewing company. Its in center city, they've always got many interesting brews going around, and it is spacious and interesting on the inside :-) This is all rather ad-hoc and speculative right now, but what say you all? Meet up? share stories? Maybe find a new jam buddy prospect, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

I live in the Lehigh Valley and would be interested if we could come up with a place that is in between here and there!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely! Triumph is a nice place and a good suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds fun guys. A little far for me to drive but I hope it happens and all have fun! Pics are required of course!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

What became of this? I got so excited, then...nothing. Helloooooooooooooo...
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Default You dropped the ball, probey!

I dropped the ball, that's what happened. It looks like only a handful of us, but would still be fun to meet up and have some beers and talk about all that gear and technical stuff that none of our friends want to hear about. :-) Lets get some more details here: I can rip a train into philly no problem, I think I am going to stick with my Triumph nomination.

works for me: fri oct. 1st, fri oct 15th. (7pm?) Don't know your schedules, feel free to comment.

Correction. changed from 8th to 15th ..

Post Thanks / Like

I'd PM you, but it looks like you have that blocked. I'm gone those two weekends, so I guess it might be a while for me.

How about a Saturday or something? Oct 9th maybe?