Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Query about serial number

Thread: Query about serial number

Post Thanks / Like

Question Query about serial number

Greetings, I just bought a new American Standard on the weekend and was curious about the serial number. A lot of websites suggest recent models should start with a letter, however mine is an 8 digit number printed on the back of the headstock starting with 10 and ending in 08, I'm assuming this might be a date with year first? ie YYMMDD## or something? If not, how might I work out an estimated date?

The neck plate reads "fender CORONA CALIFORNIA".

I realize this question might have been asked prior, for this I apologize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, got any pics of the guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Fender serial nos went systematic back in the 80s. The "x" denotes the year, e.g. Z3nnnnnnn = 2003.

Ex=80s (watch out for a few inconcistencies)
    Nx=90s
    Zx=00s

I haven't seen any 2010 guitars but I assume they've changed the prefix.

You could try entering your serial no here but it may not have caught up with production yet.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, thanks for the responses, I've uploaded some images, I think I've done it the right way, please tell me if you can't see them.

@mark, thanks for your suggestion, I entered in there but nothing came up, I'm suspending the Z prefix has changed to a 1 for 2010 with my thinking being A-Z-1-9 maybe?

My pics don't do the guitar too much justice, it looks very pretty in the flesh, I especially love the wood grain with the fleck marks.

Post Thanks / Like

The pics are fine, Brett. It looks like a 2 piece alder body to me.
    I didn't think the guitar dater site would be bang up to date but you never know, eh?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Thanks markb; yeah the fender site mentions an alder body for the material or ash for the siena sunburst.

This is my first electric guitar and I love it so much, I'm here at work and all I can think about is going home to play it. I have only just started playing again from 14 years ago and since I got this guitar only 3 days ago it's all I can think about.
    2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    Yamaha FG-420A

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a 2010 alder body American Standard.
    Here is the article you want to read. Note that Fender has changed their Serialization TWICE in 2010.
    http://www.fender.com/news/index.php...ay_article=490
    Man you must have paid half the National Debt for that one in Aus!
    Last edited by ZMAN; September 1st, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you just love these guys that come on post about 3 posts, then dissappear.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Don't you just love these guys that come on post about 3 posts, then dissappear.
    Hey ZMAN, I never disappeared, it's just not the weekend yet and if I get caught on these sites at work I'll get my butt kicked. I appreciate your answer very much, thank you

In the evenings when I've been getting home I've been doing nothing but playing this guitar and have rarely been near the computer.

I sincerely apologise for making you feel that way.
    Yamaha FG-420A

Post Thanks / Like

btw, I have only been playing again for a few weeks since I haven't played for about 12 years and just trying to get my feel back
    Yamaha FG-420A