Thread: Blackstar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackstar

Does anyone here have any experience with the small Blackstar amphs?

The HT Studio 20 looks interesting to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Blaze has an HT-5. I know there's been some threads about it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marnold.

Yeah, I certainly should have used the search first!

It sounds like it'd be a sweet amph, but I just tried a Tweaker again today and it's really the bees knees for the tone that I'm after.

Anyone interested in a GW bass???

It may have to go to get a tweaker...

Post Thanks / Like

NWBasser,

I have the HT-20 combo, and it is a very sweet sounding amp. The clean channel is very sweet and useable, and the drive channel can do anything you want due to the huge amount of gain on tap. The only thing I would say is that it is not a bedroom amp, it needs volume to sound its best, but when you do crank it, tonal bliss occurs...

My favourite youtube vid atm demonstrating the amp is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOXCh5qOds

I've been playing some humbuckers through it recently and it loves them. Very versitile amp that needs more exposure IMO
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr