Thread: behringer U-CONTROL UCA202

Post Thanks / Like

Default behringer U-CONTROL UCA202

I folks
    is this behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 audio interface any good or is there anything better but around the same price (about 30 €)?
    My favorite quotes:
    Music is like sex, its better when its free...
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perez
    I folks
    is this behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 audio interface any good or is there anything better but around the same price (about 30 €)?
    I've got one of those. Works as advertised. It's kinda cheap looking and feels pretty flimsy, but I haven't had any problems with it yet. Behringer does have an updated Windows 7 driver for it, which is a big plus for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    and feels pretty flimsy
    the hardware or the actual sound of it?
    My favorite quotes:
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perez
    the hardware or the actual sound of it?
    The construction. It doesn't look or feel like it would stand up to any abuse. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it sounds fine for me and it has a 64-bit Windows 7 driver, which is much more than I can say for my Digitech RP155. It's driver will not work with either Audacity nor Reaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and it works reasonably well. I use it for guitar and have used it for converting tapes to mp3.

I haven't used many/any other audio interfaces, but this does its job and gets out of the way. It's compatible with Linux, which is a major consideration for me.

Maybe it's Windows, Tung, but mine does work in Audacity when I run it on Linux. I agree that it feels really freaking flimsy, but if you have the right adapter to use it, it's not a bad basic audio interface. I didn't really see anything better for the money when I was looking for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I haven't used many/any other audio interfaces, but this does its job and gets out of the way. It's compatible with Linux, which is a major consideration for me.

Maybe it's Windows, Tung, but mine does work in Audacity when I run it on Linux. I agree that it feels really freaking flimsy, but if you have the right adapter to use it, it's not a bad basic audio interface. I didn't really see anything better for the money when I was looking for something.
    The Behringer works great with Windows 7. I downloaded the 64 bit driver just the other day, and it works great with Reaper and Audacity. It is the driver for my Digitech RP155 that is giving me fits. The driver does not play nice with Window 7. Imagine that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    The Behringer works great with Windows 7. I downloaded the 64 bit driver just the other day, and it works great with Reaper and Audacity. It is the driver for my Digitech RP155 that is giving me fits. The driver does not play nice with Window 7. Imagine that.
    Oh, right. I just re-read your post. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the feedback guys
    My favorite quotes: