Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just placed a deposit....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just placed a deposit....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just placed a deposit....

....with my favorite local guitar shop to hold a Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA-15 they have in stock. They agreed to come down in price to match Sweetwater once sales tax is added in. It'll be another month or two before I build up the coffers with pedal sales to cover the purchase price, but have plenty of orders in the backlog to do so. I've had major GAS for this little amp head ever since I saw the Sweetwater video demo below. Unbelievable range of tones available from this little wonder box:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It'll probably brush off once it's dry (S. Milligan)
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice demo by Mitch. You should enjoy this sweet lil'/big amp, DVM.

This is one of those uber amps that Maxifunk and Duffy should consider, since the Supersonic turned out to not be what they were looking for.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, man.
    Is it a lunchbox style amp, like the "Tweaker"?

Many people only think of Messa as the maker of the recto type amp, which is far too saturated and gained out for me.

My fav is the Electra Dyne.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that amp sounds great. Nice range of tones in it. The only thing that would give me pause (besides the sticker price) is that it doesn't have an FX loop. Still, not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    ....with my favorite local guitar shop to hold a Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA-15 they have in stock. They agreed to come down in price to match Sweetwater once sales tax is added in. It'll be another month or two before I build up the coffers with pedal sales to cover the purchase price, but have plenty of orders in the backlog to do so. I've had major GAS for this little amp head ever since I saw the Sweetwater video demo below. Unbelievable range of tones available from this little wonder box:

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Vood!! I've got my eye on that Egnater Tweaker head. That Mesa should seriously set the trees to swayin' up there in New Yawk.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

You bad boy... let's hear you rawk out on it! Some day.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    The only thing that would give me pause (besides the sticker price) is that it doesn't have an FX loop.
    Me, too, if I didn't already have an amp (Egnater Rebel 20 Head) with a loop....

Radioboy: Yep, it's a "lunchbox" amp, for sure.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been gassing for that as well. After much research, I've decided to pair it with an avatar 1x12 cab with a Celestion Blue. I plan to get it next march, It should be ok with the missus by then. I'm sure to be near a gas station then so I can walk it home...
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Noice. This looks like a cool little unit. Hopefully you'll have it in your mitts in time to crank out some br00tal Christmas tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Another great amp for the stable, DVM!

Beautiful tones, very versatile. It's probably an easier sell to "homeland security" now too, with your effects business paying for your GAS...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    It's probably an easier sell to "homeland security" now too, with your effects business paying for your GAS...
    W-A-A-A-Y true, dat!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Very nice demo by Mitch. You should enjoy this sweet lil'/big amp, DVM.

This is one of those uber amps that Maxifunk and Duffy should consider, since the Supersonic turned out to not be what they were looking for.
    I may have to go the Hollywood Mesa Boogie store and check it out $899.99 is not cheap.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Riddle: What's about the size of a lunch box, lights up with a cool blue glow when turned on, and is sitting on top of my 2x12 cab at home right now?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Riddle: What's about the size of a lunch box, lights up with a cool blue glow when turned on, and is sitting on top of my 2x12 cab at home right now?
    Dunno - perhaps Homer's lunch box that he left the nuclear plant for a bit too long?

Congrats! Let her that baby rip now!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Congrats! Let her that baby rip now!
    Got a couple of more hours to kill here at work before I can do that. Like DLR says in the Hot For Teacher music video, "Oh man, I think the clock is SLOW...."

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel tardy.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you congrats!!!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I don't feel tardy.
    Class disssss-missed!!

Man, this thing has a bazillion tones, between the five amp voicings, three power levels, gain and tone controls. I'm going to be tone-farming for days.....

Coupla quick pix:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast