Thread: skype and learning from others

Post Thanks / Like

Default skype and learning from others

Who if anyone on here has skype? Anyone willing to guitar chat and show me what they know? I am on east coast of USA and have 3 days a week off..Id like to ask questions and learn from others that are willing to show me what they know..I think this would be a cool way to connect with others online and learn to play at the same time....

if interested, reply here or send me a PM and I will give you my skype name...thanks
    "Blessed are the cracked....for they let in the light!"
    Rubber side down baby!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer Skype lessons by payment, in case you are interested. However, as you say, there might be some people interested in just hooking up and sharing what they know. Best of luck regardless!!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be good to know what kind of music you are interested in playing. I have Skype, play mostly blues, old R&B and classic Rock. Been playing for only about a year now so not real knowledgeable

Here are two videos of me with my teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62nhRyJjxTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UrBoXm_HHc

Pm me if you are interested in Skyping!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I use Skype yeah, but while I think that'd be an interesting idea I don't think I would have the time - at least considering the huge time zone difference to U.S. which would be something like 9 hours to your location...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I think no one will agree to teach you an online guitar lessons for free. First of all their internet connection and electricity bill is running, second their effort to to teach you, like a service fee. It's better to ask a friend to teach you how.
    Last edited by psylocke24; September 17th, 2010 at 03:31 AM.