Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Mandatory Death Penalty for guitar thieves!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Death Penalty for guitar thieves!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mandatory Death Penalty for guitar thieves!

Call me extreme, but I'm all for executing guitar (and bicycle) thieves.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/...er-2010/119961

Guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn of San Francisco Bay Area group Machine Head suffered a severe invasion of personal property yesterday, September 7th, as thieves broke into his home between 1:15pm and 3:15pm PST. Flynn and his family were not present during the invasion, and many priceless items were stolen from his home. These items include the guitar that Flynn recorded Machine Head's first album, Burn My Eyes, with, a gift guitar from late Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell and Flynn’s son Zander’s mini Flying V; a gift he received from his family for Christmas. Other items stolen include Flynn’s wife’s jewelry, laptops, wakeboards, and cash.

“I am offering a $1,000 reward for the return of the black Ibanez Strat along with many stickers, a ‘Designated Drinker’ sticker,” announces Flynn. “Additionally, I am offering a $2,000 reward for the safe return of the blue Washburn Dimebolt prototype.

“An APB has been put out to every Guitar Center in Northern California and the police were able to get several fingerprints off of the two acoustics that the thieves handled, yet bizarrely left behind. Sightings of two suspicious vehicles have been reported, one a green/teal U.S.-make pickup truck, the other a white full-size work van.

“If anyone sees or hears of anything on Craigslist, eBay, at their guitar shop... anything, anywhere, please contact us at mike@machinehead1.com immediately.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pawn shop clerk, "I've never heard of one of deez Washburn Dimebolt prototype's before, and there's not one on eBay for me to get a price check from. Tall ya' what... How 'bout $200 for it?"
    Meth head seller, "Um, sure dude!"

Yep, execution would be fine by me.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I get real sad when I think about my stolen 1978 Ibanez Artist. Kill, kill, kill!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on your team, Don. Do amp thieves count too? I miss that Carvin XB100 that was stolen from me years ago.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the death penalty, but I definitely support amputating their hands, as some middle eastern countries do.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

A guy I have played several festivals with, Zach Deputy, had his entire tour van with all of his gear in it stolen out of a Philadelphia hotel parking lot about two years ago. He is one of those looping performers (a la Keller Williams) and a ridiculously nice guy. It was amazing to see the outpouring of support for him in the form of donations of money and equipment. I can't tell you how violated I would feel if someone stole one of my guitars.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    A guy I have played several festivals with, Zach Deputy, had his entire tour van with all of his gear in it stolen out of a Philadelphia hotel parking lot about two years ago.
    I've heard many horror stories about vans, trucks and trailers getting robbed at hotel parking lots. Hotel lots are high priority targets for theives. Most hotels have a noisy air conditioner/heater right along the window, which blocks outside noise.

Just when you lose all hope for humanity after something like that happenes, the generous outpouring of support and donations from the community quickly erases the negitive deeds of the few.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    A guy I have played several festivals with, Zach Deputy, had his entire tour van with all of his gear in it stolen out of a Philadelphia hotel parking lot about two years ago. He is one of those looping performers (a la Keller Williams) and a ridiculously nice guy. It was amazing to see the outpouring of support for him in the form of donations of money and equipment. I can't tell you how violated I would feel if someone stole one of my guitars.
    How did you think I accrued my gear, anyway???
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How did you think I accrued my gear, anyway???
    Get a rope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Get a rope!
    Looks like there's still some Texan left in you! I can't imaging not having Pace picante sauce around. A few local Mexican restaurants have better salsa, but for home, you can't beat Pace's Chunky Salsa.

Dang, now I'm hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Get a rope!
    Oddly enough though, I remember hearing of a local band that had all of their gear stolen. Maybe Philadelphia's just not the most secure place ever. I could have told you that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Looks like there's still some Texan left in you! I can't imaging not having Pace picante sauce around. A few local Mexican restaurants have better salsa, but for home, you can't beat Pace's Chunky Salsa.

Dang, now I'm hungry!
    You know what they say, you can take a Texan out of Texas but you can't take the Texan out of a Texan! It's bone deep, I tell you!

If you want good Mexican food up here you have to make it yourself. I wish I could grow -- or smuggle -- a whole mess of New Mexico Poblano green chilis; I'd kill -- or trade someone's stolen guitar -- for a mess of chile rellenos right about now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I'm on your team, Don. Do amp thieves count too? I miss that Carvin XB100 that was stolen from me years ago.
    Definitely! My motto is, "if you steal, we will kill!" :-)

Post Thanks / Like

In college, my house was robbed. All 3 of us that lived there were musicians and most of our gear was stolen. They took my first guitar, not that I played it any more, but it was very sentimental. It was a cheap, locally made Les Paul copy, Brainard brand, I believe my Dad paid $80 new for it. It sounded like crap and played even worse but that was what I learned to play on. My Ibanez acoustic and mim strat, even the amp and pedals they took I really could have cared less about because they are easily replaced, but Brainard stopped making guitars when the guy died almost 20 years ago. I still think about that axe even 15 years later, knowing whoever took it probably threw it out when they realized it wasn't worth anything.

All theives should be strung up by their toes in front of the local music shop and die the death of 1000 b-strings!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope no one ever tries stealing my Turner. But if that should ever happen, they should hope that I never find them.

Piano wire is an excrutiating death.
    Turner Model 1 C-LB, Seagull S6+, Ibanez 12 string, Dean Bavarian Vendetta
    VOX AC50 CP2, Roland RE-20, Boss CE5
    Kurzweil SP88X, Yamaha MM8, Roland R-5
    TASCAM 38-8, Behringer SX4882, Alesis Midiverb III, Alesis Midiverb IV, DBX 262, DBX 266, Omnifex DDX1024, TASCAM DBX Type II NR
    Sennheiser MD441, Shure SM57, SM7, Sennheiser 402's

Post Thanks / Like

Now you guys got me worried about my toys.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the most bizarre aspect of Streetlight Manifesto’s legacy is their propensity to being robbed. While asleep in a hotel room in Orlando, Florida, the band’s van was broken into and stripped clean. As if that weren’t bad enough, the trailer that had been hitched to the van was de-hitched and hauled away in its entirety. When the group woke up the next morning they had lost all of their instruments, all of their equipment, and a lot of their money and personal belongings. All in all they were down an astounding $80,000. I’ll put that into words for more effect: Eighty thousand dollars. Luckily they were able to scrounge together enough to keep playing shows. But then, while in Paris, France during the 2005 riots – only a few months after the last robbery – the band’s rental cars were broken into and the last of their expensive equipment stolen. The saddest part was the theft of the 24-track recording device the band had been using to record their shows on the tour. Some Parisian criminal now owns the only copy of the most valuable ska recordings ever.
    http://www.truepunk.com/bands/streetlight-manifesto/

It's always sad hearing about the guys playing for us getting their gear snatched.

Post Thanks / Like

I read this thread and I just have to post my friend doing a song that he wrote;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm9Fne5CJmc
    I think you will like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aww, come on guys, I know you're just joking...losing an axe to thieves is bad for sure but it's just material damage, insurance will cover it, and if they catch the thieves, some community duty will do fine for punishment.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast