Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimi's Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jimi's Strat

Thought I'd put up a link for those of you who haven't seen it ... Jimi's strat , a 65 that he actually bought and played at many historic concerts and on some of his classic recordings ... 750,000 , I wonder why it hasn't been snapped up yet and spirited away to some display case , I wonder if it will ever be played again , or indeed recorded again ... heres a question for ya , suppose you won the lottery and could see your way clear to buy it ,what would you do with it , I dare say holding it let alone plugging it in would be a near religious experience , but if you could whose hands would you put it into to hear it sing, who would you prefer to use it to record one more track ... hmmm..maybe EVH , maybe EC.... I think i'd like to hear Gary Moore do Red House .... what do you think? 6S9L
    http://www.maverick-music.com/script...?idproduct=765
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that link the other day. Interesting. If I could afford that guitar I'd play it! Strats can take a beating. Vintage Les Pauls are more delicate. My question is....would I make the guitar "my own" and set it up for my style of playing or would I leave it as is and play it the way Jimi had it set for him. I think I'd leave it and play it the way he did....cept right side up.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is very cool. I guess it might be a good investment to buy it? I bet it will never be played again! Just stored in a vault somewhere.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not the question , who would you like to see play it given its SPECIAL significance in guitardom... its stored in a vault now!...lets take up a collection and free it ... yikes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Scott Henderson play it. And Nigel Tufnel.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL , TOUCHE.. yeah scott could rip it up...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd scallop the neck and let Yngwie play it..............
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Plank, you do relize many people will die....right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    Plank, you do relize many people will die....right?
    LOL! I couldn't resist......................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    ... but if you could whose hands would you put it into to hear it sing, who would you prefer to use it to record one more track ... hmmm..maybe EVH , maybe EC.... I think i'd like to hear Gary Moore do Red House .... what do you think?
    My preference would be to have a young player like Kenny Wayne Shepherd enjoy that experience. Kenny has a lot of Jimi's "feel" in his playing - not that he tries to sound like exactly JH, or plays in the same style - but that his songs have parts here and there where I'll go, "hey, that transition was kind of Hendrix-like." Sort of like using the same basic recipe, but adding some additional ingredients for flavor.

Although some of those other players you'd mentioned would certainly be very worthy of it, I'd have a tendency to think that for someone of the younger generation, it may prove to be a life-changing event. And if it's only gonna' be one song - then Kenny is who I'd go with. As for which Hendrix song I'd have him play - - - that is probably the toughest call. However, I'd probably have to choose Manic Depression; with Hey Joe being a very close second (both songs are off of the band's 1967 juggernaut Are You Experienced.)

Bet'cha though I was gonna' pick Voodoo Child, didn't you!
    Last edited by Nelskie; October 21st, 2006 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have Joe Bonamassa play "Machine Gun".

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Buddy Guy, as he was one of Jimi's mentors , how about BG doing Wind Cries Mary.... that would be amazing , dig the young gun idea as well,

Post Thanks / Like

I really COULD NOT see the point of storing it. When we're gone, it doesn't matter if it's in perfect condition or not - we can't experience it anymore. Therefore, while that guitar was in my possession you can bet that I'd play it every day!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask Tiny Tim to play Tiptoe Through the Tulips. I bet he'd shred on that'un.

& if he's already dead, then that'd be even more impressive.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I'd ask Tiny Tim to play Tiptoe Through the Tulips. I bet he'd shred on that'un.

& if he's already dead, then that'd be even more impressive.
    Yngwie will play it for you if you let me scallop the neck............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    Yngwie will play it for you if you let me scallop the neck............
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!

Yngwie playin' Tiptoe through the Tulips arppegio-style on Jimi's scalloped strat!

O what joy!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

the day little Yngwie went shopping... watch that guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuhDSxYB1o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!

Yngwie playin' Tiptoe through the Tulips arppegio-style on Jimi's scalloped strat!

O what joy!
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, he got a bargain, a nice 1963 Strat for just $6000!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast