Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digitech JamMan

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Digitech JamMan

I scored one on eBay - couldn't wait any longer after all this looper talk on the forum! I haven't recieved it yet, but I thought I might as well start the thread in advance! The voices in my head repeated in a looping fashion: "buy a looper, buy a looper"... It wasn't a layered loop - just one phrase!

Have you tried one? I am very anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert!

It could be a nice addition to your guitar rig when you play with Myra at all those optician stores!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Well folks. That is the last we'll be hearing from Robert. After he gets his Jam Man I'll guarantee he'll be stuck in a loop, stuck in a loop, stuck in a loop, stuck in a loop, stuck in a loop...for a long time.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, Spud may be right, be right, be right, be - what the heck?

Yes, part of the reason I bought it is so I can do better at comping Myra and I. Maybe I'll turn into the a one-man band, who knows. Maybe I can gig at enough optician stores to pay for laser surgery - I hate wearing glasses and contacts.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,
    Yes, I got one about a week ago, I've laid down five loops to jam with, but I've been so busy with work I hardly have time to jam along w/ it right now.
    I used the RP 50 to get a drum thing going to keep time, then laid down rhythm parts. The timing took a few tries, I don't think you'll have any problem at all, though. Just... start playing @ 1.2.3, 1.2.3, then LOOP @ 1.2.3.LOOP.
    Seriously, I think a bigger card is needed if you wanted to set up loops for a whole gig, but the 24 minutes or whatever is pretty long to get started. If you record clean for the loops, you can play them back clean and add effects w/ pedals on the mix. (I think Spuds mentioned this earlier, already).
    The loop level and inst. and mic levels need to be balanced, also. I'm still playing w/ those.
    All in all, I think you'll love it, and while it's nice to play w/ other musicians, if the bass player or drummer gets tired of 20 repeats while you get the lead right, the JamMan never complains.
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Is it hard to make the timing right for the loop? I think I will start playing more jazz standards once I get it. I'm gonna have so much fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert you will have a ball with it. From what I have read the JamMan is a little trickier than the loopstation by Boss om the loop timing but nothing you can get down with a little practice. Enjoy your new gear!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

It came today! It looks brand new - I got a good deal I think.

I'm still at work, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I guess I won't be going anywhere tonite... just me and a looper pedal, yikes what fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    It came today! It looks brand new - I got a good deal I think.

I'm still at work, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I guess I won't be going anywhere tonite... just me and a looper pedal, yikes what fun!

Excellent. We'll look forward to one of your always appreciated full reports. Have a great weekend!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Well...that's the last we'll hear from Robert for a while. Anybody read any good books lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Anybody read any good books lately?
    anything by James Patterson.....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Well...that's the last we'll hear from Robert for a while. Anybody read any good books lately?
    We could always reconstitute the Flower Garden.

Or the weird food thread.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; November 4th, 2006 at 06:48 AM.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've been messing with it, and I love what it can do. Still haven't figured out all the options. The "rhythm tracks" suck - I thought they might be like simple drum grooves but they are very lame. Good enough for practicing but not for performing.

I am planning to use this pedal with our duo. I played "Master Of Disaster" with it yesterday at home and it was really fun. I play slide for the melody.

I think I could also use a volume pedal after the JamMan to fade out songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't that have a fade out option? The Boss does.

You should be able to load samples into it from your computer, CD. tape deck, etc. That way you can have decent stuff to jam too.

Also, think about this; what if you sliced a song up into samples using Cubase or any other editing software. Edit that sample for length say to 4 bars (verse), load that into patch #1.
    Next: Do the same thing with another couple of bars (Chorus) > patch #2
    Next: Do that one more time 1 bar (bridge) > patch #3

Now you can go back and forth between saved patches on the pedal and perform a song in whatever order you like.
    Want a 20 bar verse - No problem
    Want a 700 bar sing-a-long chorus - No problem.

The possibilities are what make the loop pedals so intriguing.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine doesn't have the fade-out feature.

Yeah, storing different loops would be cool. I'd need the extra footpedal to be able to switch between the loops with my feet. I might have to get one of those pedals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Mine doesn't have the fade-out feature.

Yeah, storing different loops would be cool. I'd need the extra footpedal to be able to switch between the loops with my feet. I might have to get one of those pedals.
    What?! No fade out feature? That is the coolest part of the Boss pedal (it comes stock).
    Just giving you static bro. I know that you'll be having fun with it no matter what.

Sometimes an amp channel switching pedal will work to scroll presets one direction only. Any momentary switch, latching or non latching, with a 1/4 plug to go into the Jam Man should work for experimental purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finally messed around enough to put something up in video format. http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-27.php

Let me know what you think. I do find that the tone suffers a bit by going through the JamMan. I may be better to use it in the amp's effects loop, but then I can't color the sounds with my pedals, since I use them in front of the amp.

It's great for practice anyway. I just need to load up some good drum loops to really get cookin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff there Robert. Looks like you are now a mater of the pedal. When do you plan on using it live in you 2 person ensemble?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! Man, you're getting chicken salad on everything these days...and you still stay so thin.

Thanks for posting it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast