Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Jamming in the 'Ham
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamming in the 'Ham

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jamming in the 'Ham

This Labor [Labour] Day weekend is going to be a loud one in Bellingham, Washington. Fellow Fretters BCDon, NWBasser and a few non-fretters will be joining me for a three-day jam session. There promises to be lots of beer, music, and guitar/bass talk. And yes, we'll make sure to post pics.

My conundrum lies in trying to figure out which gear to bring; the Epi LP is a must, and so is the Flamekat, but which amph or amphs? I was thinking about just the Cube 60, but that seems like underkill for such a [soon to be] historic weekend. The Marshall? The Night Train? All three? Decisions, decisions...

Any Fretters who might be around the area, feel free to PM me. Always room for one more, at least at the Brewery!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

'Hamfest!!!! "Hamapalooza!!!!!! Boy, I am jealous and wish I could fly on over for the weekend. I used to have fun in B'ham once a year during Ski to Sea. I hope you guys have a ton of fun!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a blast! I just hope we don't lose Doug!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should be good!

Sean, better bring all the amphs you got. I'll drag my 600-watt Genz and 4x10, so you'll need every decibal you can get.

Also, the Genz is a hybrid which means it gets both "tube watts" and "solid state" watts. I figure it adds up to about 2,300-watts on tap if you consider the "Whatcom multiplier" effect too.

The way I figure it, is that after a short time we'll all have "beer ears" and I'll need every watt and square inch of speaker cone I have.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing the jazz bass in addition to the Clement.

Decisions, decisions....

I wonder if the rooms have mini fridges for my porters?

Oh, yeah....

Post Thanks / Like

Jamming in the 'Ham

Uh.....hmmmmmmmm....uh.......I saw the title of your thread.......and I thought, Oh Dear Lord....... .......they're "going after" the farm animals.......

Have fun. Thanks for the laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    It's going to be a blast! I just hope we don't lose Doug!

Don, I told you we are definitely stealing Mike Tyson's tiger. Oh, and a cop car.

Good times.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Sean, better bring all the amphs you got. I'll drag my 600-watt Genz and 4x10, so you'll need every decibal you can get.

Also, the Genz is a hybrid which means it gets both "tube watts" and "solid state" watts. I figure it adds up to about 2,300-watts on tap if you consider the "Whatcom multiplier" effect too.

The way I figure it, is that after a short time we'll all have "beer ears" and I'll need every watt and square inch of speaker cone I have.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing the jazz bass in addition to the Clement.

Decisions, decisions....

I wonder if the rooms have mini fridges for my porters?

Oh, yeah....
    I don't know if that cheap hotel has fridges. We'll be lucky if there's no dead hookers under the mattresses.

We can always fill the tub [in your room] with ice. Just sayin'.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

that video is hilarious. I love that scene in the movie.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Don, I told you we are definitely stealing Mike Tyson's tiger. Oh, and a cop car.

Good times.
    No way, man. If we steal any tigers it will have to be Seigfried and Roy's because I'm sure we could kick their butts! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if that cheap hotel has fridges. We'll be lucky if there's no dead hookers under the mattresses.

We can always fill the tub [in your room] with ice. Just sayin'.
    Since I am going South Of The Border, I'm glad I got all my shots!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    No way, man. If we steal any tigers it will have to be Seigfried and Roy's because I'm sure we could kick their butts! :-)

Wow...those guys were a lot tougher than they looked. Never again!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kicked out jams

The jam didn't quite work out the way we'd planned, due to us being forcibly kicked out of our intended jam space, but we made the best of it. We played in the hotel room, at very low volumes, and then again at a friend's house later on Saturday night.

Thanks again to BCDon, NWBasser and Tom Thacker. We took our lemon and made some tasty lemonade. Pics to be posted soon!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos

I only took a few. NWBasser took more, so hopefully he'll post those soon. Here's my contribution:

The first is NWBasser playing BCDon's Zoot Suit, then Thomas playing my Epi Tribute LP through BCDon's Jet City, then BCDon playing my Epi Flamekat, then a group shot of the guitars/bass.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you guys got together anyhow. So we have to hear the story . . . How did you get physically kicked out of your jam space?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Glad you guys got together anyhow. So we have to hear the story . . . How did you get physically kicked out of your jam space?
    Well Steve...it's a strange thing. I really don't understand what happened. Friday night we're out drinking beer and having a good time, and Saturday morning we're told that we need to come and get our stuff, it's all out in my "friend"'s backyard. No explanation, even though I asked for one. I still have no idea what happened to him after we parted company on Friday night, but apparently he blames me for whatever it was. Hmmmm...could it have something to do with the tiger in his bathroom? Unclear.

Seriously, it was a stressful situation, and there was a real feeling of potential violence on the part of this former friend. It kills me to not know what it is that set him off, but I think I just have to let it go at this point. He's not offering any explanation, and I'm done with him. There was absolutely nothing that happened that would warrant that kind of reaction from a reasonable person. BC Don will back me up on this, but this guy was having a good time right up until we parted company for the night. I'm baffled and disappointed, but I don't think any kind of apology would wash away the feeling of being threatened with a handgun. Oh, yeah...forgot to add that. It was from behind a closed door, and it was never pointed at me, but it was cocked while in my view. Yikes, to say the least.

Next time we'll find a rental hall or something.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Well Steve...it's a strange thing. I really don't understand what happened. Friday night we're out drinking beer and having a good time, and Saturday morning we're told that we need to come and get our stuff, it's all out in my "friend"'s backyard. No explanation, even though I asked for one. I still have no idea what happened to him after we parted company on Friday night, but apparently he blames me for whatever it was. Hmmmm...could it have something to do with the tiger in his bathroom? Unclear.

Seriously, it was a stressful situation, and there was a real feeling of potential violence on the part of this former friend. It kills me to not know what it is that set him off, but I think I just have to let it go at this point. He's not offering any explanation, and I'm done with him. There was absolutely nothing that happened that would warrant that kind of reaction from a reasonable person. BC Don will back me up on this, but this guy was having a good time right up until we parted company for the night. I'm baffled and disappointed, but I don't think any kind of apology would wash away the feeling of being threatened with a handgun. Oh, yeah...forgot to add that. It was from behind a closed door, and it was never pointed at me, but it was cocked while in my view. Yikes, to say the least.

DAMN THAT'S SOME FOUL S@#$ for sure. Better off cutting this fool loose for sure. Well at least you guys had a chance to hang and vibe.

BTW, no strat's or tele's in that crowd sacrilege I tell you sacrilege!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a crappy situation. I wonder what made him flip like that. Anyway, good to hear that you still had fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

but I don't think any kind of apology would wash away the feeling of being threatened with a handgun. Oh, yeah...forgot to add that. It was from behind a closed door, and it was never pointed at me, but it was cocked while in my view. Yikes, to say the least.
    ehhhh...what can I say but, "gulp".

Well I should think excellent idea, that. Perhaps if there's still room for one more next year I'll pop over. Before hearing the details of Hamfest '10 I was secretly wishing I could be there too. I have a dear brother in Oregon I could visit too just a ham's throw away.

Glad you're all safe.
    That's one thing about Japan, we're largely gunless. Don't miss them at all. Yikes...

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, just letting you know in advance: I don't have any guns......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast