Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction from Steve Thompson, Sun Valley, ID, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Steve .. take a seat in the front , look foreward to reading your posts and on behalf of the young man from ND his youthfull exuberance is more than compensated for by his single minded Tone Search ... 6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Wazzup Steeeve! Be welcome here man!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve and welcome to the Fret Net. I believe that you will find out that most members here are older than some would like to admit. I am 50 something, but closer to a 60 something in reality. I still consider myself new to playing guitar. If you have questions this is the place to be. The answers from the other members will be honest, and the “real thing’ from experienced players. I have been a member for 1 year as of this month. I learned more from this forum than I have since I started playing the guitar 4 years ago. Once more welcome!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Hi Steve and welcome to the Fret Net. I believe that you will find out that most members here are older than some would like to admit. I am 50 something, but closer to a 60 something in reality. I still consider myself new to playing guitar. If you have questions this is the place to be. The answers from the other members will be honest, and the “real thing’ from experienced players. I have been a member for 1 year as of this month. I learned more from this forum than I have since I started playing the guitar 4 years ago. Once more welcome!
    Thanks Tim, and everyone else for the continued welcome. It is really, really nice to receive such kind support. I am really not too concerned about the age thing, it was just informational, although it did start some fun comments. I am having a great time so far and am learing a lot already. Looking forward to actually being able to contribute as well. Thanks, and cheers for now.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BUMP!! Seeing as it is now 10 freaking years since I joined this place, pretty much near the very beginning of my playing guitar, I thought I would pop in and say happy anniversary to me! I am still playing, still have my first guitar and amp, which I purchased after lurking and learning here for the guitar, and the amp after hanging here a bit.

Anyways, hope all you guys are well!

And Happy Halloween!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

6. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, congrats, Steve - this made me check, and I am a few months behind you... Yikes, sure doesn't feel like that long, but this has always been such a relaxed and friendly place to hang out - I've never gotten into any other git forums. There are still a few of us here from years back, but looking at your re-post brought some friendly folks to mind who haven't been heard from in a long time. Anyways, keep on playing!

Ted
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

8. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Steve! 10 years, what a long time and so many great posts by you!
    By the way, I've checked my date - was 10 years in August this year...
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

10. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anny! Can't believe how time flies... too bad we don't have the forum activity we used to have.

Cheers anyway!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

12. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forums are passe, Robert. Shame. I'm coming up on 10 years myself next month. FESTIVAL!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Then what are we doing here?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Then what are we doing here?
    You know what I mean, Robert. Most forums all took a nose dive in the last 5-6 years. A couple more of my favorites just closed after more than a decade. I believe the forum format has been replaced by social media and, especially, social media on mobile devices. It makes me sad, actually.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's sad. Let's not give up ay!

17. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a smartphone or anti-social - oops, I meant social media user. So I'm happy to be here at the Fret. Is there some reason, though, that a forum is less accessible on a phone/device than, say, Facebook? I'm also a beekeeper, and note that one of the bee forums that I visit is fairly quiet and the other quite busy (actually, I prefer the quieter one). What format do guitar or other special interest sites appear in that is popular now if not a forum? Sorry to be asking dopey questions...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Steve!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

20. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12