Thread: Introduction from Steve Thompson, Sun Valley, ID, USA

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Introduction from Steve Thompson, Sun Valley, ID, USA

Hi all. At SuperSwede's suggestion, I am posting an introduction. My name is Steve Thompson. I am new to the forum and just getting started in electric guitar. I have been playing acoustic for a while, and played piano before that. I am getting a Strat Standard 60th (the blizzard pearl one) for my first electric, and am shopping for my first amp. I was leaning toward the VoxAD50VT, but can get a very lightly used Marshall AVT50 from the guy who is selling me the strat, probably for about the same price as the Vox. I have a post regarding the amp on the amp page. My acoustic guitar is a kind of no name spruce top dreadnought called a "Joshua".

I am a 44 year old father of 3, pay the bills by being a solo lawyer, also coach kids in skiing and give private instruction. I live in Sun Valley because I love to do about anything outdoors, including skiiing, mountain biking, running/hiking, waterskiing, and so on.

I have a very broad and eclectic taste in music and "waste" lots of time listening and learning to play. I listen mostly to a mix of classic rock, blues, and punk/alternative, with some acoustic and jazz, esp. Coltrane era thrown in. I am currently in the midst of a Neil Young phase. On my acoustic, I have been working on Heart of Gold, Old Man, Hey, Hey, My, My, and am starting on "You and Me" I have spent a lot of time on Robert Renman's Dolphinstreet site and am working on his AC/DC lesson . . . sort of an AC/DC unplugged thing. Also playing around with Sunshine of Your Love, trying to do a Clapton version with a Hendrix tempo. Really, just a Dad blowing off steam with the guitar. Anyway, enough rambling for now. Please feel free to email, etc. Thanks for letting me join in.

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; October 20th, 2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add a thought