Thread: Learning to play guitar.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is very easy for the verse, the chorus chord changes are hard(well very fast) but the verse is basically a simple 2-finger chord you move around unchanged. One of the first songs I ever learned, probably the first solo I ever learned. (Rather easy the solo as well). Fade to black has nice basic chords you must learn pretty soon anyway. And yeah, Enter Sandman is the bane of all music store owners everywhere...at least used to be. Simple.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is very easy for the verse, the chorus chord changes are hard(well very fast) but the verse is basically a simple 2-finger chord you move around unchanged. One of the first songs I ever learned, probably the first solo I ever learned. (Rather easy the solo as well). Fade to black has nice basic guitar chords you must learn pretty soon anyway. And yeah, Enter Sandman is the bane of all music store owners everywhere...at least used to be. Simple.
    I am a newbie too, here in forum and in learning guitar. My friend is teaching me how to play the Enter Sandman by Metallica because they said it is the easiest.

Post Thanks / Like

Truefire.com is a great online resource for learning guitar