Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My new Yamaha SA2200 Deluxe

Thread: My new Yamaha SA2200 Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Yamaha SA2200 Deluxe

Just HAD to share with somebody!!!

My latest aquisition.....

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, that looks nice.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a beauty. Where did you get it?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    That's a beauty. Where did you get it?
    Unfortunately, had to purchase new, locally from shop. Sticker price was $3000 AUD ended up paying $2050 inc case and got them to throw in a new microphone stand, microfibre cloth and strap with locking nuts. Not bad meant I paid just under $2000AUD for this guitar, $1000 of sticker price! The non deluxe model was selling for $2300 a few months ago...!

I have also put a G&L Hybrid Tele on laybuy. Birds eye Maple neck, Stratocaster PUPS (thus the 'Hybrid' tag) cost $2000 from a friend who is a private collector.............

Last purchase is for an acoustic - tossing up between a Maton or Cole Clark acoustic. . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    Just HAD to share with somebody!!!

My latest aquisition.....

Well who could blame you for that! nice axe congrats!
    Last edited by MAXIFUNK; June 7th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Well who could blame for that nice axe congrats!
    Thanks!!! I don't have many mates who are into playnig music let alone any who would appreciate just HOW good these SA2200s really are.....

Gotta love the single coil tap. . . . . SUCH a versatile guitar! Wish I'd been able to buy one of these much sooner!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    Thanks!!! I don't have many mates who are into playnig music let alone any who would appreciate just HOW good these SA2200s really are.....

Gotta love the single coil tap. . . . . SUCH a versatile guitar! Wish I'd been able to buy one of these much sooner!
    I Hear you most folks I know could care less about a quality well built instrument. Enjoy getting to know her better!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Have spent a little time on this guitar over last few days OMG I am SOOOOO
    in love with guitar again....

My Green ibanez I've posted up before now feels very used and 2nd hand....
    So whilst I am 'playing/bedding in' the new guitar I might have it repaired....
    Frets are well worn and neck needs a polish or something, so much dirt/grim build up over the years.....but still it sounds pretty good.

If anyone wants a wicked sounding, professional level guitar you can't go wrong with these Yamaha's....I almost went a proper Gibson 335 but after playing a few against a few yamaha's the choice was clear cut.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have only heard good things about these Yamahas. Would love to hear some clips.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice very nice indeed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    I have only heard good things about these Yamahas. Would love to hear some clips.
    Hmmm ok I will see what I can do. . . . . might be time to buy that new video camera....

Post Thanks / Like

Has it really been 4 months of playing this already.......wow..

Have enjoyed every moment on this guitar, haven't played on anything else since bringing her home....

Have replaced stock string with the DA Mixed heavy bottom standard tops (11-52 from memory) and getting some beautiful tones....

So in relation to the above question of hearing some clips - for the novice/first timer how can I go about this?

I have Bluefire recording app on iphone which is probably the best way for me to share files but requires an FTP site to work and can't seem to get much happening on it....

I can export wav file from loop station but doesn't include drum patterns etc so not the best method (I wouldn't bother at all).......so back to using something on the iphone?

Would love to share and get some feedback if only I knew how! Help fretterS!