Thread: Roller nut on a les paul?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Roller nut on a les paul?

Has anyone ever installed a roller nut on a les paul? Do they even make ones that would fit? I've got a tremelo on mine (a stetsbar, and it is amazing...) but it looks like the string rocking / tension is pulling the nut forward. I don't like it Googling for roller nuts and les pausl was not very promising, all i got was strats and LSR's!!! maybe i should just buy that strat....please advice folks

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i have installed a roller nut on my sg classic bigsby. they do make them to fit i got mine from thomann and that involved only 2 holes. but i would warn they are kinda crappy, they have the most minimal of contact so they kill your tone and sustain alot. ive never been to happy with it and i have been considering a brass nut as it is actualy self lubricating, once it wears in a bit the filings are like graphite, only needs lubed a couple of times to get it going but only consider that if you like alot of twang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice input, Gordy, and welcome to The Fret!

Be sure to drop by the Fret Players section and introduce yourself. Tell us a bit more about your gear, bands you like, or whatever you wanna' share.
    Picture of guitars and amps are always welcome.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a Schaller roller nut for my Flying V and it's not a perfect fit actually because it's not genuine Gibson - would be for a gibby - but it's still a VERY good bridge with plenty of adjustment every which way, well recommend it. It even has these locking screws to really clamp it down on the posts so it won't move even slightly when in place. Lemme google...

http://www.thomann.de/fi/schaller_stmmc_steg.htm

This is close to mine, BUT mine also has these allen key bolts at holes where the posts are...can't find that model anywhere now, though.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmm

sounds like its not worth the trouble / loss of x y and z!

Post Thanks / Like

my experience...don't do it,,there are better options