Thread: Vintage Noiseless Vs Gold Lace Sensors

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vintage Noiseless Vs Gold Lace Sensors

Hey Guys

I mentioned in a previous post, I'm thinking of upgrading my American Standard Strat to a Clapton-type Strat.
    Loaded pickguards are available with both Vintage Noiseless (Claptons current setup) and also Gold Lace Sensors (the original setup).

I really like the tone Clapton got from his original strat, with the Golds…especially the clean-ish blues tone. But I think the Vintage
    Noiseless may be more versatile. Also, I notice that there are very few pro players using the Golds anymore...all have moved on! So I guess it would
    make sense to do the same?

What do you guys think?

Cheers
    Fretz

PS. I know that this upgrade won’t make me play/sound like Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Do those pickguards have the Clapton strat active mid boost? I only played with that a little bit and didn't much care for it. Those I know who really like Lace pickups tend to prefer the Hot Gold to the regular Golds. Unfortunately I have very little experience with either set, so I can't add much more.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 90's Strat Plus with the golds,their not active and I like 'em for some stuff,but if you want for the quack for get about it.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I've got Vintage noiseless and Gold Lace. I like the Lace pickups better. I just haven't found a tone pot that I like with the Vintage Noiseless yet. I'm really guessing that is why I don't like them much though. I've read a lot from guys that have had the Vintage and Hot Noiseless. They prefer the Hot Noiseless. In my opinion that might be the best sounding option for you. It's where I'll go if I get around to unloading the Vintage Noiseless someday. The Lace Golds are good, but different. I think I like the Hot Noiseless sound clips that I've heard better than the Lace pickups. The Lace have a neat characteristic in that there is very low magnetism and you can really feel it in the way the strings move. They vibrate longer and are easier to activate.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT THREAD

Anyway I have been thinking about updating my 1st strat has anyone used the Lace Holy Grails?

I can not find the FENDER pups in black so Lace, seymour, dimarzio have pups in black and wanting something a little different so Lace Sensors seemed to fit that bill but I do not want to loose that STRAT sound although I do love the sound of the red strat of Gilmour's.

What say ye on the HOLY GRAILS BY LACE SENSOR?
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Hoy Grails. I had them in a guitar that I had for brief period.I thought the guitar sounded very good. I got rid of it because it wasn't the guitar I ordered. I definitely would have been happy with the pickups although I can't describe what they sounded like. It was a long time ago. I just remember that it sounded good.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the EMG active single coils? Vince Gill has them in his black strat with the tortoise shell pickguard as seen on the "Crossroads" DVD. He also has the EMG presence, fat knob on it. They look like interesting pickups and they also come loaded in the pickguard, if so desired. These should be noiseless.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art