Some of you may have noticed that I mentioned Norman guitars a couple of times.

Well, it so happens I have one now.

My friend Jaron bought a good one, but he didn't like the sound of it, so I gave him my (crappier) SX acoustic, plus gave him some extra dough, and the deal is closed.

I really like this guitar. It sounds quite nice acoustically I think (Jaron has very specific needs, or he is picky). I haven't even plugged it in to any amp or board yet, but I have read up on the Fishman system in this guitar - it is apparently very good.

It is very easy to play. Quite thin neck and a lot more comfortable than my SX. The intonation is dead on, which I'm not used to with an acoustic! This is a quality guitar, in my opinion. Maybe not a high end Taylor or Martin, but for what these sell for, it's excellent.

The main features of the Norman STUDIO ST40 CW GT PREFIX include:

Beautifully built instrument that produces wonderful mellow tones, ideal for more intimate musical settings
Solid Cedar Top
Gloss top
Precision Neck Attachment enables sound vibrations to travel unimpeded between the heel of the neck and the guitar's body
Three-layer mahogany-cherry-mahogany wood lamination back and sides
Honduras Mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Rosewood bridge with fully compensated saddle
High-ratio sealed tuning machines
Real wood rosettes
Double-action truss rods
Custom Tusq nut
Built-in Fishman Prefix Pro pickup system, with 4-band graphic EQ, notch filter and phase control

My model is no longer in production, but it looks like this. I will need to invest in a case too... don't want to bust this guitar.