Thread: Dr. Duck's Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr. Duck's Strings

I stumbled on this brand while looking for strings on eBay. I'm specifically reviewing the phosphor bronze acoustic strings (11s in my case). Generally a user of D'Addario strings, I still tend to try different brands every other string change. Any new set sounds bright and chimey, but the bright and chimey fades in a matter of a few days. Not so with these strings. They've been on my dread for a week, and still are as bright as the day I put them on. At $4.99 a set (including shipping), they're a good deal. Hmmmm....maybe I'll try their electric strings next.

Distributor's website: http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/strings.html

eBay site where I bought mine: http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Star-Mus...&_sid=64080561

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried dozens and dozens of brands of strings and I've never found
    anything that was any better than my good ol' www.webstrings.com 9-46
    hybrids. Added bonus: At $2.99 a set I can afford to change them twice as
    often and nothing sounds better than new strings.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of Ducks Deluxe Electric 13's on my Fouke Lap Steel tuned to Open E. Great strings.

Post Thanks / Like

So I bought a set of Dr. Duck's 9's from the same eBay seller. Sat around for a month or two until I decided to restring a Les Paul that had 10's. As I'm tuning up (to 440) the high E breaks - at the ball end. Luckily, the set comes with an extra E so I wind it on, tune up - and this one breaks at the tuner....

I email the seller and explain what happened, asked for Dr. Duck's contact info so I can tell them what happened. Then I just Googled them, got a number and called. At midnight. Guy answers on the 2nd ring. I explain what happened (hoping for an extra E string at least), he gets my info and says he'll make it right.

Three days later in the mail is 2 new sets of strings from Ducks Deluxe (each with 2 high E's), and another package from BlueStarMusic (the eBay seller) with a set of strings inside. No notes, no apologies - just great f'ing customer service.

So at this point, I'll use the strings even if they suck. It's really nice to get good service from anyone these days.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Like PS, I've been using Webstrings for a while now. I'm really happy with them. I may try the Dr. Ducks, though. Sounds like they're worth trying.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.