Thread: Hendrix "All Stars"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hendrix "All Stars"

The "Hendrix Experience", celebratinng all things Jimi, is launching another tour with a bunch of great guitarists. I saw the show a couple years ago, and it did not disappoint. Hope it's coming to a venue near you!

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. Radioboy, now you have to tell us more about it!

I think it is indeed coming to a venue near me (spouse saw the advert in the paper)
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

I missed it in LA earlier in the year but just look at the list of players a must see if ones get the chance.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see that but they're not coming within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I'd love to see that but they're not coming within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here.
    At least it's coming to your state. I'm pretty sure most concert promoters don't realize Florida exists.

I'd love to see Los Lobos and Living Colour on the same night.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    At least it's coming to your state. I'm pretty sure most concert promoters don't realize Florida exists.
    Actually, they aren't--at least not on the fall tour. I live in Wisconsin.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Actually, they aren't--at least not on the fall tour. I live in Wisconsin.
    My bad. That's where assumption gets you. I always thought you lived in Michigan because of the Wolverines/Lions/Red Wings fandom, but that shows what I know and how much I pay attention because you've likely said previously you lived in Wisconsin.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    My bad. That's where assumption gets you. I always thought you lived in Michigan because of the Wolverines/Lions/Red Wings fandom, but that shows what I know and how much I pay attention because you've likely said previously you lived in Wisconsin.
    Yeah, I have, but I grew up in Michigan--thus the Michigan sports connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule
    (spouse saw the advert in the paper)

... and went ahead and bought tickets at the box office on her lunch break!

Maybe she is trying to make up for when she and a boy her age were heading for Woodstock, got stoned out of their mind, and never made it!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule
    ... and went ahead and bought tickets at the box office on her lunch break!

Maybe she is trying to make up for when she and a boy her age were heading for Woodstock, got stoned out of their mind, and never made it!

You're gonna dig it.
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (WITH NOAH HUNT ON VOCALS) tore it up!
    Other standouts (from the '08 show I saw):
    Eric Gales, Brad Whitford, Jonny Lang and Buddy Guy.
    It was cool to see Eric Johnson, although I don't care much for his style and tone.