Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LIne 6 Spider IV Anyone tried a 30, or 75

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scxd

Good deal, Z. I hope you get it.

My SCXD is awesome. I put an Eminence Ragin' Cajun in, myself with no problem, and it makes it a lot louder; this speaker is recommended by the SCXD so called guru, Bill M. The RC is a LOT more sensitive in Db than the stock speaker, the RC is over 100Db. This means that it results in the amp being a LOT louder because of the few Db difference in sensitivity of the speaker. Using a more sensitive speaker is the best way to make any amp louder. The speaker does an excellent job of reproducing the modeled sounds as well.

When you compare the speakers, if you care to do a speaker swap, the RC weighs about four or five times as much as the stock speaker, and the stock speaker, in comparison, looks cheaply made and weak next to the RC. The magnet on the RC is at least four times the radius of the stock speaker and at least about two and a half times as thick. It weighs multiples of the stock speaker. This magnet has a lot to do with the way the RC pushes air, even at low volumes.

To each their own. Many people are okay with the stock flimsy speaker, but it was definitely a cost cutting compromise and Fender knows that a lot of guys upgrade the speakers in their amps.

The SCXD has a host of super great amp models and takes pedals well, in addition to the built in effects. The clean channel is really good as well.

Good luck making your decision. I am sure it is worth it.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks as if I have one tracked down. The super Champ XD. I got an email about one today. I will be able to pick it up for 225 total. I have to meet the guy on Wednesday, it is mint and will be in the original box with all the tags and packaging. I will save about 150 Can. on the deal.
    Now I guess I will have to track down a Rajin Cajun.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scxd

Great. You will like it.

Be sure to mess with the controls for each model, because each model utilizes the controls similar to the original model; which means that the controls take on new qualities for each amp model.

Therefore, if you are like me when I first got mine and just changed voices without changing the controls other than volume, I didn't think a lot of the models sounded awesome. Later I found out you have to adjust the controls for each model, like the Tweed, to get it to sound right. Now I can get great sounds out of all the models.

I'm thinking you WILL have a hard time leaving this amp behind when you go to and fro.

Good luck on grabbing this one.

The fenderforum.com has a great, huge, thread on the SCXD - couple thousand posts at least I think. Haven't been there in a while though.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    Great. You will like it.

Be sure to mess with the controls for each model, because each model utilizes the controls similar to the original model; which means that the controls take on new qualities for each amp model.

Therefore, if you are like me when I first got mine and just changed voices without changing the controls other than volume, I didn't think a lot of the models sounded awesome. Later I found out you have to adjust the controls for each model, like the Tweed, to get it to sound right. Now I can get great sounds out of all the models.

I'm thinking you WILL have a hard time leaving this amp behind when you go to and fro.
    Good luck on grabbing this one.

The fenderforum.com has a great, huge, thread on the SCXD - couple thousand posts at least I think. Haven't been there in a while though.
    I priced a Rajun Cajun and they are 79 plus 13% tax and shippping. There goes my savings on the amp.
    I will try it with the stock speaker and I may wait until I am in the US to pick up the speaker.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12