Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A little tomato sauce here and there...

Thread: A little tomato sauce here and there...

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little tomato sauce here and there...

I find that, while cooking something on stovetop, like stir-frying, a couple of soup spoons of tomato sauce livens the dish quite a bit, enhances color, and blends everything nicely.

Try it!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I never thought of that! I'll give it a try. For chunkier recipes, we like Rotel tomatoes.

For some meats and pasta dishes, I like using spices like Tony Chachere's.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Dude! Ro-tel is a staple here... Use it all the time, and not just in chile con queso.

My Dad and Stepmom make a simple deer chili, using Ro-tel for the "heat." Comes out great every year. With our homemade shredded wild hog tamales we make at Christmas time, you are talking about some serious good eatin'!

Poodlesrule, that sounds like a great idea... I'm willing to give 'er a try!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tomatoes are high in glutamates which really enhance flavor. Try adding Fish Sauce or Tomato Paste. They are more concentrated. 1TB of Fish Sauce generally isn't detectable by anyone eating chili, pad thai, or curry or swedish meatballs, for example. I use it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    .....1TB of Fish Sauce generally isn't detectable by anyone eating chili, pad thai, or curry or swedish meatballs, for example. I use it all the time.
    How sad is it that I first read that as "One Terabyte of Fish Sauce..."

I agree though, a little of the old Nam Pla in many dishes is the secret weapon, just don't Google how it's made if your squeamish about food preparation....

Oh and tomatoes are also awesome for you if you live somewhere sunny because they contain lycopene which helps prevent sunburn.