Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New fret.net jam over Robert's slow blues backer - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New fret.net jam over Robert's slow blues backer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Helliot! Glad to hear it. I have heard rumors that at least a couple/few others are going to hop in too. Fun!

Also, it would be nice if anyone who posts a recording would share what gear was used and anything special you did for your sound. Swede, was that the flower strat?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

SPUDS & SWEDE

Nice to "hear" these on the fret!

Can't wait till you guys start doing this with the youtube overlays..

Love Geetar faces!!!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here is my modest contribution, tacked on to the end of Swede's very tasty tones. Lots and lots of room for more Fretters to add their voices. Thanks to SVL for starting this off.

http://www.box.net/shared/01shnugyjl
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, forgot the request re rig. Mine's a Tele through Peavy Jack Daniels into the Boss hard drive recorder. Nothing really added other than reverb.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

JUSTA!!! Nice to "see" you! Hop on in, just like the old days!

Helliot, Thanks for playing! Nice! I like the tele growl through that Peavey.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    Sorry, forgot the request re rig. Mine's a Tele through Peavy Jack Daniels into the Boss hard drive recorder. Nothing really added other than reverb.
    NICE! Great job, helliott!

Awesome, SuperSwede!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Helliot!!

And if anyone wonders, my rig was strat>Blackstar HTdrive>Garageband(added a lil verb).
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Swede, I was wondering. The Flower strat? I love that thing.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Swede, that's amazing tone from a Strat. I can't get mine to sound that woody. Are you doing anything special rig-wise, or is that just the guitar (and you're prodigious talent, of course.)
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Yup its my Flower strat..I dont use any other tricks than the HT drive (cab simulated output) and some reverb (guitar rig 4, spring reverb).
    The pups in my strat are called "50´s reissue" and are afaik only available in the blue flower and paisley strats from japan.

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the recordings so far. My idea I was working on is not panning out at the moment. I was trying to come up with something besides my normal pentatonic wank and was trying to follow in the footsteps of some legendary jazz horn players. Guess I am not quite there yet. Oh well, I am going to take one or two of the ideas and attempt to get something recorded here. After I help my daughter re-arrange her bedroom. Looking forward to hearing the next recording! Come on Justa, or Eric, or Kat, or Mark (any of them) or . . . Let's hear it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna do this... Unfortunately, Anatomy and Physiology studies are calling, and I have a big lab practical exam on Tuesday. If I tried to play right now, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a pentatonic and stratified keratinized squamous epithelium.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    I'm gonna do this... Unfortunately, Anatomy and Physiology studies are calling, and I have a big lab practical exam on Tuesday. If I tried to play right now, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a pentatonic and stratified keratinized squamous epithelium.
    ???

I don't think this has come up yet in any thread I've read. I take it you're in school?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... I'll post a separate thread so as not to distract from the backing track festivities.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Helliott

Nice addition and thanks for expanding the backing..
    Look forward to more additions!!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Swede - SWEET! Slinky and sublime.

Helliot - I was really feeling it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I was trying to come up with something besides my normal pentatonic wank
    So glad to hear you you say that, because, well, pentatonic wankery is all I got, so I'll take that spot and try to help avoid this jam coming off as monozygotic

But really. I was messing about with my PPOD interfaced to my new PC today and thought a good little practical test would be to add a little bit of noise to the jam track.

So here it goes. I kept it real short 'cause I was strugglin to get into the groove for some reason and well, as a guitar player I make a great stratified keratinized squamous epithelium

Guitar: Maton MS2000DLX Bridge PU (SD SH4)
    Amp: 1952 Fender Tweed Deluxe Reverb (wide panel)
    Cab: 1965 Fender Twin Reverb "Blackface" 2x12's
    Little bit of spring reverb in the amp

Recording process
    Step 1. Connect PPOD-Direct Out -> PC Line IN (you didn't think I actually owned those amps did you?)
    Step 2. Use Audacity to play the backing track whilst simultaneously recording new lead track.
    Step 3. Export the whole thing as a single mp3
    Step 4. ?
    Step 5. Profit!

(OK the last two are an inside joke)

Apart from the terrible playing and raucous noise (who knew you could make a little old deluxe reverb snarl like that hehe)

I would have liked to EQ it better. I'm used to hearing my guitar through a really old 4x12 bass cab so to me this sounds really quite shrill. I don't however, currently have nice way to apply eq settings to a track in audacity, and in real time, so I guess I'll do some research there...

Also I knocked 3db off my track in audacity but I'm worried it might be a fraction too loud in the mix still....

Anyway, I hope this serves as sufficient incentive for some other guys to have a bash. You know, "wow dude, that guy sucks so bad, I HAVE to have a go now" haha.

I'm the shock to the system at about 6:10 and I play for about a minute (trust me thats more than plenty)

http://www.box.net/shared/4gkbg2d1b4

Quick update: I dropped myself back into the mix and re-up'd
    Last edited by Ch0jin; October 11th, 2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Uploaded remixed version

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear you play Chojin. Good job.

Ya, you're a bit hot in the mix. I would probably pull the lead level down a bit more so it sounds more like playing with the band. Otherwise

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good playin there Chojin. Agree with Spud about the mix. I'm not in any position to give someone advice about playing, that said, if I was, I'd say look for a bit more space between some of the notes. Air is as important as the notes.
    helliott in Hamilton

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast