Thread: Marshall Class 5 CRANKED!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marshall Class 5 CRANKED!

Hagstrom Viking, and the Marshall Class 5 CRANKED all the way UP, baby!

No pedals used.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds sweet man, seen several of these posted up on craigslist in the last few days. Shame Im in the process of sending my Digitech RP255 back for a Fender Champion 600 or Id see if I couldnt swindle one of these babys home.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert you looked like you where in heaven.
    Nice mix of amp and axe they are great match.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a very cool little amp.

Aesthetically I'd MUCH prefer one of these little beasts to an EVJ or even the admittedly cute looking Champion 600. Marshall nailed the look on this puppy imo.

Sound wise though, I'm not sure, I'd have to hear one in person. Any thoughts on this, compared to the army of low wattage amps you've tried Robert?

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that smile when you turned up the volume! Its a fantastic sound )

(nice haircut too )
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. It's a cool little amp. Sounds way better than the Epiphone Valve Junior. I haven't tried the Champion 600. It has a lot of oomph for such a small amp - that's what so really cool about it. The bass response is a bit flubby - I would like it tighter, but other than that, it's a great low wattage amp.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the bass issue is a speaker/enclosure thing or if it's something fundamental to the amph itself.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I wonder if the bass issue is a speaker/enclosure thing or if it's something fundamental to the amph itself.
    I'm just guessing here, but based on that "visit to Marshall" vid I posted where they run one through a 4x12, I'd guess you are right with speaker/enclosure.

In the video it sounds EPIC through a 4x12

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I love the feedback you were getting. Great tones, great playing.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40