Thread: Who's still Rockin' an old MIJ Ibanez RG?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's still Rockin' an old MIJ Ibanez RG?

I have a 91 MIJ RG560. I love it cause it reminds my of when I first started gigging but it has been banished to the closet for years. Who still has one stashed in the closet somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have an RG, but I would love one. I had an '88 Jem in Shocking Pink for about a year that played wonderfully. I occasionally check Ebay for an older 550 on the cheap. My favorite of the RGs was the 565 with the reversed head stock and the one humbucker one single coil configuration.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple, an RG470 and an older one that I don't even know the model number for. My other RGs are Korean and I like them a lot. Mine are usually hanging on the walls around the house but I used one at a gig a while back so it's still in the case...in the closet.
    Last edited by Spudman; October 15th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an RG 570. It's still in its case, but right next to my bed, to be opened in case of a guitar emergency.

I had a tech put a Duncan Invader in it years back (it was given to me as a gift back in '92 or '93), and it needs some TLC. When it's dialed in, it's a screaming, snarling beast. Before every gig, I'd have it set up by a pro, and it never failed me on stage, not once!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    I've got an RG 570. It's still in its case, but right next to my bed, to be opened in case of a guitar emergency.

I had a tech put a Duncan Invader in it years back (it was given to me as a gift back in '92 or '93), and it needs some TLC. When it's dialed in, it's a screaming, snarling beast. Before every gig, I'd have it set up by a pro, and it never failed me on stage, not once!
    Before every gig? That would get expensive pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah... Setups were cheap in those days, and I went to a great store to do it, where they knew me. I bought all my gear from them back in the day. Can't get good service like that these days.

I also wasn't gigging often, either...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40