Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Show some P90 Les Paul love! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show some P90 Les Paul love!

Post Thanks / Like

Two words, Tone... Duh -- ROOL.

That's a great looking goldie ya got there, man!

@ Justa: Gilmour is absolutely the man. You notice that it really doesn't matter what he picks up, two things are gonna happen:

1. Tone to die for, and
    2. He's gonna sound like him.

That's gotta be the fastest I've ever seen him play on a solo!

@ ZMAN: I hope that another company can help ya out with your project. The first company sounds like they had their company head up it's company backside!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neck

Marnold, the Gibson Les Paul Faded Studio, and the Gibson Les Paul studio, worn red or brown; as well as the Epi Les Paul Studio in most colors has a satin neck like my Faded SG Epi, very nice.

Gibson LP Faded: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST-LIST

Epiphone Les Paul Studio with satin finish in cherry and most other colors:
    http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-ENL1-LIST
    Last edited by Duffy; October 17th, 2010 at 05:16 AM.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go, 1952 LP standard , all original P 90 pups...
    With and without a Bigsby...
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

Mine...currently on Craig's List.

-Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I don't play it as much as I should. I am using a fairly high gain amp a lot now Marshall DSL100, and the guitar is noisey as hell in any position but the middle (hum cancelling) It doesn't do it through my Fenders for some reason.
    Since I had the Fret level and set up it plays like a dream.
    I also have a 1968 Gibson SG Special with the original P90s in it. I have owned it for 42 years. It doesn't seem to be as noisey though.
    I just hate hum of any kind. But for sheer rauhchiness they are killer.
    Would love to see a pic of the SG Special. I had one that I bought around that time. But traded it in for a B.C. Rich acoustic. Still sorry to this day that I did that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This

This is a picture of the one on MF, no affln., for over two grand. You can search MF for SG special and see it. I believe there is a less expensive model available for about one grand.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrick
    Would love to see a pic of the SG Special. I had one that I bought around that time. But traded it in for a B.C. Rich acoustic. Still sorry to this day that I did that!!!
    Picture as requested!
    This is it with my Special Edition Blues Junior. It is the same as the tweed with Brown tolex and Jensen speaker.
    The guitar is all original, and has the Vibrolo tail piece. The only thing that isn't original is the screw holding the Whammy Bar, I lost the original about 30 years ago.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sg

Real nice Z.

I see you are using the 45 degree guitar cable jack. I heard that is an excellent idea with SG's because the bodies are thin near the jack and one could crack or break the body by the jack if you weren't careful.

I always use the angled jack on my SG's since I read that.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    Real nice Z.

I see you are using the 45 degree guitar cable jack. I heard that is an excellent idea with SG's because the bodies are thin near the jack and one could crack or break the body by the jack if you weren't careful.

I always use the angled jack on my SG's since I read that.
    Yea Duff I use that on my 335 styles guitars as well. I also loop the cord under the strap. I have stood on the cable too many times. I like to play standing up.
    Notice the bridge. And yes that is a ding on the front. The back has a lot of 60s "Pirate Buckle" rash on it. It was used by a band before I got it. I paid 250 dollars in late 1968 for it. It is exactly as I got it. It has had every gauge of string from 008 to 010 over the years but the 010 Britewires are the best on that one. A true baseball bat neck but a super low action and no buzzes.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sg

Beautiful.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Picture as requested!
    This is it with my Special Edition Blues Junior. It is the same as the tweed with Brown tolex and Jensen speaker.
    The guitar is all original, and has the Vibrolo tail piece. The only thing that isn't original is the screw holding the Whammy Bar, I lost the original about 30 years ago.
    Ahhh....she's a beauty!! Looks just like the one I had. Any idea on it's worth today???

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had it appraised, and I really don't know what it would be worth.
    I have owned it for 42 years so it aint going anywhere soon.
    I found one of those Protector cases from the 70s and I have it in that. I opened it the other day and I realized I have a Fender Strap from a 67 Jazz Bass that my friend gave to me in 67. The case I got with the guitar was not the original and it was pretty crappy. I had even comtemplated making it an HB guitar but an intelligent tech talked me out of it 30 years ago. I am glad he did.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Beauty, gregsguitars! I noticed the strings on the trapeze bridge (non Bigsby) Paul aren't wrapped over, and look like there is no compensating on the bridge for intonation... I wonder if that is a problem?

Frankenfretter, I've always liked the look of those guitars... Quirky and cool.

Z, I dig staring at your SG every time you post a pic... It's gorgeous.

And, Duffy, you're right... MF has a P90 SG for $999.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder how, back in the old days, Santana got all that high gain sustain out of the P90 SG without all kinds of noise? Volume pedal?
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Z, I'd get ahold of George Gruhn and have it appraised... You might be surprised how much it's worth, even if you don't ever plan on getting rid of it. It might be important, at least for insurance purposes!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

The old P90s on the SG are not that noisey. They have a habit of picking up radio signals though LOL. The Wilkinson p90s are noisey and I think it is the crappy chinese pots and caps in the Vintage Icon. If you watch the video from Woodstock Santana is just on the edge of feedback all the time.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my epi lp jr. I redid it myself, put a gfs mean 90 in it. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite axes. wish I could put a clip up but it has a tone all it's own. Lots o' fun!!

last pic is what it looked like before I got to work on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned it for 42 years so it aint going anywhere soon.
    I found one of those Protector cases from the 70s and I have it in that. I opened it the other day and I realized I have a Fender Strap from a 67 Jazz Bass that my friend gave to me in 67. The case I got with the guitar was not the original and it was pretty crappy. I had even comtemplated making it an HB guitar but an intelligent tech talked me out of it 30 years ago. I am glad he did.
    Thanks for the photo and the info Z. It was nice to see my old ax. I would get it appraised tho. I got my BC Rich acoustic appraised by Gruhn and really surprised. Worth 9 times what I paid for it. You can do it on line...cost $50.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I might have some gas releif, tryin to trade for a Hammer SATp90. Looks like we have the details worked out but its not home yet. I want those p90's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast