Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Show some P90 Les Paul love!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show some P90 Les Paul love!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show some P90 Les Paul love!

I've been digging P90 tones lately... Especially the Epiphone '56 Goldtop Les Paul.

Here's a vid of a British guy at a music store demoing one through a Fender Vibrochamp XD. I just love the "fat single coil" clean sound, and the fuller overdriven tones versus a standard single coil.

If you've got a P90 guitar, show it here!

Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a guy noodling around with an Epi and some top notch gear... Fairly heavily processed, but sounds great. He apparently threw a Lindy Fralin P90 in his.

Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I like that alot, makes me think I might need one of those....thanks for the gas!

Post Thanks / Like

We pass GAS around here like you wouldn't believe!

I, myself, have revolving door GAS. It changes every so often. It's only because of my iron will and empty wallet, and stubbornness not to trade what I have that is keeping me from acquiring more.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Trading kills me, I'll move almost everything I own for the right price. Always have been that way. I know it'd be hard to pry my Birdseye Maple Classic from me, but you never know. Im now trying to sell my Schecter to add a Agile and after this it'll probably be a Gold Top with P90's....If I ever move it that is.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a Vintage Icon Gold top. With Wilkinson P90s. Imported from England from J Hornby Skewes.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cutaway on that guitar, Z. How's she playing these days?
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    I love the cutaway on that guitar, Z. How's she playing these days?
    I don't play it as much as I should. I am using a fairly high gain amp a lot now Marshall DSL100, and the guitar is noisey as hell in any position but the middle (hum cancelling) It doesn't do it through my Fenders for some reason.
    Since I had the Fret level and set up it plays like a dream.
    I also have a 1968 Gibson SG Special with the original P90s in it. I have owned it for 42 years. It doesn't seem to be as noisey though.
    I just hate hum of any kind. But for sheer rauhchiness they are killer.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOHHHHH! Transplant some mini humbuckers in that bad boy. Humcancelling, and would look killer in that gold top!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

This is my Agile P90 equipped LP style AL2500. It has the old headstock design and doesn't sound nearly as twangy as the gold top in the video. I'd like it if it did sound that way though. Still, a very well built and fun to play guitar.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty, Spuds!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any Les Pauls made by Gibson, Epiphone, Agile, et al, that don't have a glossy neck?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

The Epi Prophecy series has a satin finish neck. I think the Epi Ultra I and II do, too.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

My Epi LP Ultra has a satin neck.

Are there any demos comparing P-90s to Humbuckers? I mean the same amp, settings, etc, so I can get an idea of the difference? Or a comparison of the Fender style single coil with P-90s? Or best yet, all three?
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

THE MAN...with his P-90's!!

I really like the bigsby look. I got an Epi 56 GoldTop and will eventually put one on mine..
    not that I need it..or I will play better..
    but they sure look good with them!!

I'm hoping the http://www.vibramate.com will work on the Epiphone models.

Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 17th, 2010 at 04:51 AM. Reason: added my P90 pic

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOHHHHH! Transplant some mini humbuckers in that bad boy. Humcancelling, and would look killer in that gold top!
    I had planned to but a certain company cancelled my order, because my ship to address was US, and my billing address is Canadian. The ridiculous thing is they charged my card then sent a refund. So that project is on hold for now.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing but love for my Epi '56er I play it everyday. Probably my favorite guitar next to the Tele.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Throw up a pic, Tone!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Throw up a pic, Tone!
    Here's my P90 baby....

Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast