Thread: Hunt For Versatility: Shecter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunt For Versatility: Shecter?

http://machinehead.co.uk/guitars-c21...extreme-p2681/

looking for something with a little calmer-of a rock tone than my Ibanez has at the moment, i played this in the store earlier last week, feels and sounds great.

anyone have any info regarding durability, reliability etc?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a malware warning from that link.........

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't look at the link, but for versatility I'd look at the S-1. Set neck, mahogany body/neck, Duncan Designed pups, with a coil tap for getting single coil style tones as well.

I'd also look at the PT and PT Fastback. Tele shape, 'buckers, coil tapped.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I also got a warning...

I have a Damien 6 string through not FR. Its a nice guitar it really is I just dont ever play it so Ive been tryin to pedal it.

Post Thanks / Like

weird, thats a local music store here lol. i doubt they;d give you malware :S
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    weird, thats a local music store here lol. i doubt they;d give you malware :S
    It might not be the store... Someone there could have picked up something surfing, or they could have been hacked by someone else...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    It might not be the store... Someone there could have picked up something surfing, or they could have been hacked by someone else...
    The site works just fine.. probably just a mis-informed filter has been added by your virus-detection software. Oh, the joys of windoze. If you dump windoze, or run it as a virtual-machine, you'd be a whole lot safer. In the meantime, the site is ok.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Versitile.

I think P90 guitars are very versitile, but noisey.

I plan to try a noiseless P90 and see how it works out.

They chime like a strat or roar like a hot humbucker. Only thing is the noise, which I am becoming adverse to.

Luckily my tele dual P90 is noise cancelling in the middle position and produces some good sound, but the versitility is limited because of the noise in the other positions thru a high gain rig.

Even that Fender JA P90 semi hollow telecaster is awesome, but noisey with gain.

Humbucker fitted SG's are fairly versitile though, with a wider range of tones than a typical Les Paul.

I have a strat with various noise cancelling single coil sized pickups that is highly versitile and a pleasure to play and HOT. But I had to design the pickup arrangement myself and replace all the electronics. This Seymour Duncan noisless single coil strat might be my most versitile guitar.

Of course, a versitile amp helps a real lot. I have a Tweaker by Egnater and play it thru a four by twelve cab. Very versitile and sometimes I use a reverb and/or an overdrive pedal with it for some great tone from regular humbucker guitars. I have yet to work with it with single coils but know there are some great zones of tone in there for single coils.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    The site works just fine.. probably just a mis-informed filter has been added by your virus-detection software. Oh, the joys of windoze. If you dump windoze, or run it as a virtual-machine, you'd be a whole lot safer. In the meantime, the site is ok.
    Even better just run the browser in protected space within windows, like with sandboxie, and you're safe and need not resort to fruit or it technician osses with wich u get nuthin' done ;-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.