Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mack Skyraider + Hagstrom Swede
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mack Skyraider + Hagstrom Swede

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mack Skyraider + Hagstrom Swede

I managed to sneak in a quickie demo after work yesterday...

I used an Avatar 2x12 cabinet with Eminence Wizard speakers. The only effect used was a Strymon blueSky Reverberator pedal. I used a Canon Vixia HG-20 camcorder with a Canon DM-100 shotgun microphone for the audio. No post processing was done. Oh, and I used Mogami 2524 guitar cable.

Last edited by Robert; October 19th, 2010 at 09:11 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great sounds, Robert. Are you playing that through the Mack cab?

Post Thanks / Like

I used an Avatar 2x12 cabinet with Eminence Wizard speakers. The only effect used was a Strymon blueSky Reverberator pedal. I used a Canon Vixia HG-20 camcorder with a Canon DM-100 shotgun microphone for the audio. No post processing was done. Oh, and I used Mogami 2524 guitar cable.
    Last edited by Robert; October 19th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, gotta ask even if a little off topic. How you like that Swede? I almost bought one it was a beautiful white finish. They wanted $600 new for it and I thought I heard a short in the top toggle. They wasnt sure if it was the switch or the tone selector. Told me if I bought it they'd take a closer look and fix it if it was. Seemed to me they should of in the first place so I left it. They said they would be getting a new shipment of Hag's around X-mas so who knows maybe Santa will bring me one or a viking.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, I have a 2 x 12 with Hellatones in it that would bring me to multiple eargasms with that amp on top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    Very nice, gotta ask even if a little off topic. How you like that Swede?
    Answer: see http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=14212

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Robert. Where is the reverb coming from?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Sounds great Robert. Where is the reverb coming from?
    A Strymon blueSky Reverberator pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet sounds, RR!

Can you give us a quick spec comparison between the Heatseeker and the Skyraider?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The Skyraider SR-15 features a 12AX7 tube operating in a parallel triode configuration for the preamp.

Running the dual triode sections of the 12AX7 in parallel produces higher gain than a single section and lower noise than cascading one section into the other. It also produces very warm tube tone.

Another 12AX7 serves as the phase inverter and two 6V6s make up the power amplifier producing about 15 watts of power.

---------

The Heatseeker HS-18 features the same things, but two EL84s make up the power amplifier producing about 18 watts of power.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I liked some of the gain-ier tones you were getting out of that. Good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Robert where are those amps made are they a Euro or Canadian company?
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Made in Canada!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, those HBs in the Swede are paring decently with the Mack. The sound is sweet and mello but does not lack higher frequenzies at all. I like the "bonedry" touch the amph has in the clean mode. The burn and melt modes are cascading very proportional adding the edge you expect from the name giving. I'd like to hear that clean mode with the Swede in neck position, tone totally backed, playing some jazzy stuff...could imagine that sounds very convincing.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Super nice demo, Robert.
    The amph sounds great, and so does your playing!
    I really liked the fact you just played, showing the settings w/ text. Nicely done!
    (I don't care for alot of the videos out there where every knob, feature, effect, pickup change, string gauge, etc. is detailed, w/ the end result being a half-minute of actual playing.)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Super nice demo, Robert.
    The amph sounds great, and so does your playing!
    +1

I really appreciate the way you demo your gear. Lots to hear, clearly identified.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sounds great...

You are amassing quite a lot of gear! You sure have come a long way since the Squier '51 / Vox AD50VT days...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The Skyraider SR-15 features a 12AX7 tube operating in a parallel triode configuration for the preamp.

Running the dual triode sections of the 12AX7 in parallel produces higher gain than a single section and lower noise than cascading one section into the other. It also produces very warm tube tone.

Another 12AX7 serves as the phase inverter and two 6V6s make up the power amplifier producing about 15 watts of power.

---------

The Heatseeker HS-18 features the same things, but two EL84s make up the power amplifier producing about 18 watts of power.
    I threw on a set of headphones to listen to the clip, and that sounds REALLY nice. Great tasty licks too, as always.
    What do your ears hear in terms of tone and "feel"?
    If you could have just one or the other, which would you choose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast