View Poll Results: Who Wins World Series???

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Texas Rangers

8 72.73%
  • SF Giants

3 27.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who wins the World Series?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    Here's a link from wikipedia....for those who dont want to click on the link I'll name the highlights that I see.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cisco_Bay_Area

Big Brother & The Holding Company
    Chris Issak
    Counting Crows
    Dead Kennedys
    Faith No More
    Flipper(Nirvana Fans???)
    Greatful Dead
    Huey Lewis & The News
    Santana
    Sammy Hagar
    Testament
    Third Eye Blind
    Train

AFI
    CCR
    Green Day
    Machine Head
    MC Hammer
    Operation Ivy/Rancid
    Primus
    Too Short

Smash Mouth
    The Doobie Brothers
    Oh, the Dead. I think I knew that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You left of MC Hammer, The Pointer Sisters and these guys who should not be forgotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIImGMjn_8

Congrats to the Giants!! I am glad they won, and in a convincing fashion!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

A rather incomplete list as it left off one of the greatest bands ever from that or any other city...

Also, what kind of list of San Francisco bands includes Train and Smashmouth but leaves out Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller Band, Quicklsilver Messenger Service and Moby Grape? A weak one.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff. Airplane was on the list, I just didnt list them. Im sure that list is incomplete though I think any google search would turn up a list with several bands left off though.

Post Thanks / Like

I could see leaving off the Airplane (especially as I don't like them) but leaving Sly & the Family off of any list of SF bands is a crime against music history.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Back to the baseball, I am glad to see this team pull this off. It is even better that the ace pitcher is a University of Washington grad.

A very influential teacher in my life (English, Literature) was also our high school baseball coach. He was a Yankees guy through and through, and would go on forever about the tradition of their style of uniform, their dress code, etc., when teams were going away from pin stripes, allowing longer hair, etc. While I respected his opinion on a lot of things, give me the long haired scrappers. As long as they also bring the ethic and the effort, I would much rather root for the supposed misfits. Congrats SF Giants!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    While I respected his opinion on a lot of things, give me the long haired scrappers. As long as they also bring the ethic and the effort, I would much rather root for the supposed misfits. Congrats SF Giants!
    Though I loved Mr. Steinbrenner and felt fortunate to have him as owner of my favorite team, the one thing I never supported was his whole hangup on a player's appearance. Like you, I really only care how they perform on the field. I'd rather have a team of scraggly looking winners than clean-cut also-rans.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this years lineup remind anyone of the John Kruk era of Phillies? Especially with all those beards, and even Lincecum's "smoken it up" comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, maybe a little. And there was always Randy "The Big Unit" Johnson's mullet.

And interestingly, the Big Unit threw one right over Kruk's head one time way back when.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Phightin' Phils signed Cliff Lee today. So, we have a sparkling 4 man rotation of Lee, Halladay, Hamels and Oswald. Things are lookin' good for my Phils.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    The Phightin' Phils signed Cliff Lee today. So, we have a sparkling 4 man rotation of Lee, Halladay, Hamels and Oswald. Things are lookin' good for my Phils.
    No doubt that is a tough rotation to face. It will be interesting to see how it works out for the Phillies and Red Sox, the two teams it can be said to have "won the off-season" so far to see if that translates to post-season success.

It worked for the Yankees in 2009 (adding CC, Burnett and Teixeira) and obviously worked for 1997 Marlins "Rent a Champ" team, but other than that, it doesn't always seem to work out.

I know I wouldn't want to have to face the Phillies' rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how long Oswalt is signed for? Personaly I think the Phil's still only have a 2-3 year window to add another ring or two. Mostly based on age. JRoll has already started to show some decline and Utley, and Howard have faced injurys. Health will be the key. But the same thing can be said about any team one full of 30 year old vet's or 27 year old rising stars. Im not knocking the Phils I am a Reds fan honestly but if the Reds cant return to the post season the Phils is a team I enjoy watching would love love to see beat the Yanks, Sox or Rangers.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Red Sox Phillies World Series
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo
    Looks like a Red Sox Phillies World Series
    You say that now but who predicted a SF-TX WS this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how long Oswalt is signed for? Personaly I think the Phil's still only have a 2-3 year window to add another ring or two. Mostly based on age. JRoll has already started to show some decline and Utley, and Howard have faced injurys. Health will be the key. But the same thing can be said about any team one full of 30 year old vet's or 27 year old rising stars. Im not knocking the Phils I am a Reds fan honestly but if the Reds cant return to the post season the Phils is a team I enjoy watching would love love to see beat the Yanks, Sox or Rangers.
    I agree. It's far from a sure thing, but really good pitching helps a ton. I'd say the Phils could still use some bullpen help, maybe even at closer.

Utley in particular...not so sure how much he has left. It hasn't looked good in recent years. Howard I think is good to go, but he can't do it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Personaly I think the Phil's still only have a 2-3 year window to add another ring or two. Mostly based on age. JRoll has already started to show some decline and Utley, and Howard have faced injurys. Health will be the key.
    As I see it, their window is 1-2 years with a major emphasis on this year. They don't bullpen help so much as they need a right handed bat. Utley was injured but in the playoffs, he was Mr. Clutch more so than Howard.

It's gotta happen this year or it ain't gonna.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123