Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Humbled and Happy

Thread: Humbled and Happy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humbled and Happy

I am truly humbled by the words that Stu Carter wrote about my straps on his website at FatSoundGuitars.com .
    http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/store...ood-access.php
    I have been speaking with Stu for a while and I'm happy to say that my straps will now be available at FatSound Guitars.
    FatSound Guitars, located in Cary, North Carolina, is one of the premier shops in the U.S.A. for custom built guitars and amps. In fact quite a few of my customers are playing gear purchased from FatSound.
    A few places have asked about carrying my straps but up until now they have never been available from anyone other than myself. I enjoy getting to know my customers through the ordering process of emails and phone calls as much as I enjoy making their straps and I didn't want to miss out on that. And each strap requires so much time to complete I could never make them in any kind of volume, just a couple a day. But after hearing so much about Stu from my customers and getting to know him a bit I am really looking forward to working with him. He has the same type of appreciation and concern for his customers that I do. And I'll still be working directly with customers through my website.
    Browse around http://www.fatsoundguitars.com and you'll see why I am so thrilled to be there

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Bob! That's great news!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I am happy for ya!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everything is looking great! Congratulations!

You might be hearing from Mrs. Tig about a second strap for me. Something about a Christmas present...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I've been promoting them on some other forums for you as well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Tres cool, Bob! Congrats!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, and thanks there Tater for spreading the word too. If not for guys like Robert, Tig, and Spud and others who have been kind enough to take the time to post referrals out there in them interweb tubes it would be a much harder road. The internet is a big pond and I'm a little fish. Being found and getting noticed is a challenge. There is no better advertising than the endorsement of a satisfied customer and I appreciate each and every one of them ~

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Bob!

I hope you get all the business you can handle, and still put out what looks to be a high quality product!

BTW, the site seems to have a good range of guit-fiddles, both from big names and independent luthiers, in just about every price range (I was drooling over the ASAT Tribute Bluesboy they had). Looks to me like a good fit for selling your straps!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Bob!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I just arrived in Cary, N.C. I figured I'd hand deliver my first batch and get to see the shop. I'll check out that Bluesboy for you Katastrophe

and thanks Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Well, visiting FatSound is like taking a trip to the North Pole and visiting Santa's workshop for guitar nuts. They have the most incredible selection of top shelf amps and guitars I have seen under one roof in a long time. And the folks there are super nice. It was a long ride at about 7 hours each way, but definitely worth the trip. I had a great time and I'm excited about my new relationship with them.
    I checked out that BluesBoy for you Katastrophe. I had to ask them if it was new or pre-owned, it was that nice. I didn't plug it in but I did noodle on it a bit and it's pretty spanky, nice and resonant even without an amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    I checked out that BluesBoy for you Katastrophe. I had to ask them if it was new or pre-owned, it was that nice. I didn't plug it in but I did noodle on it a bit and it's pretty spanky, nice and resonant even without an amp.
    I was afraid you were gonna say that!

I played a minty used American G&L ASAT at the local GAS station fairly recently... I was amazed at the attention to detail on that guitar... It played like an absolute dream. If the imports are half as good (and I'm betting they're better than half), then it's worth the price. I'd imagine that a store that deals in that high end level of gear must treat their instruments well, and have strict standards for choosing used inventory.

I'm glad you had a good trip... Here's to a long and prosperous relationship between the two of you!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Congas Bob.....Congas indeed.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, otay...........great news indeed!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal