Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting creative finally

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evolution

Here is the third version. It's pretty different from version 1 in my first post. Check it out.
    http://www.box.net/shared/i4031bvu48

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, great stuff!. It's lost that tears for fears feel, now has a Techno/RichieBRainbow? feel, lol, not that it has to sound like anyone else that's just what I do
    Not my style, but I do like what you've done spud and the mix/engineering side of it is sounding 'slick as' mate.
    Will there be some Spud backing tracks coming out soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Spud......Kudos for trying something different. I really like the drum and vocals. Just my personal taste.....but I could do without the synth and techno-feel of the tune. Interesting final guitar work and I think it fit perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Love the fully produced feeling of this version. Sounds great.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Here is the third version. It's pretty different from version 1 in my first post. Check it out.
    http://www.box.net/shared/i4031bvu48

Very nice!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

That was really cool, I totally dig it. There's some borderline goth/metal sounds in there too

What I must say is the production is fantastic! Really good job.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW

taterlicious!!!

did I say..WOW

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. The encouragement is much appreciated. There is another re equalized version coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds great! I enjoyed watching this project.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's realy cool mr. Patate !!
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Spudman,

Sounds Great! I know how hard it can be to bring all of this technology together to make your song come together. It can force you to use both sides of your brain (the technie side, and the artist side).

The guitar solo rips! this sounds great! I love the tone and the modal sound that you're using. The harmonized parts sound cool also. I like how the synth takes over the solo at the end of the guitar solo.

Great job.

I use EZ Drummer also. I'm a huge fan of it. You can get some very convincing sounding drum parts with it, and it doesn't talk back, always shows up on time, doesn't overplay unless you want it to, and never has it's drum kit at the pawn shop :-)

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer
    Spudman,

Sounds Great! I know how hard it can be to bring all of this technology together to make your song come together. It can force you to use both sides of your brain (the technie side, and the artist side).

The guitar solo rips! this sounds great! I love the tone and the modal sound that you're using. The harmonized parts sound cool also. I like how the synth takes over the solo at the end of the guitar solo.

Great job.

I use EZ Drummer also. I'm a huge fan of it. You can get some very convincing sounding drum parts with it, and it doesn't talk back, always shows up on time, doesn't overplay unless you want it to, and never has it's drum kit at the pawn shop :-)

--Jim

Thanks Jim.

I am enjoying EZ Drummer quite a bit. Being able to have each mic/drum on separate tracks is really useful to achieving a great drum track (which I might be able to do one day).

The possibilities are endless really. What I've noticed since I started doing this project is that now I pay attention to how things sound and are mixed, their timber etc. Also, arrangement and song construction. It really is an eye opening experience...especially with cut and paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, exactly. When you start putting your own songs together and playing the producer role it really makes you begin to listen to the other parts more carefully, rather than just focusing so much on your guitar playing. Since I got involved in recording it has helped me to see how important it is listen to the way in which the parts sound together, leaving room for each other. It's also helped me to see how important it is to play meaningful parts that add something to the song. I started to appreciate recordings where the parts meshed together really well (I'm still impressed with what the Beatles could do with only 4 tracks). I find myself listening to recordings differently now, trying to identify what kind of guitars and keyboard sounds they used, what kinds of effects are on them, etc. It also made me change the way I play in a live situation, such as changing up my sound slightly during a chorus section as compared to the verse section, because I started to realize how important that was in recording, to make a section of the song stand out more, etc.

I've also become less tollerant of people that overplay and fill up all the space in live groups, rather than listening to each other and making room for all the various parts.

Great job on your track!

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work Spud!

Needs more bass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Very nice work Spud!

Needs more bass!

PLUS 1
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12