Thread: AmpliTube for iPhone app updated, new DSP, features, and stomps available too

Post Thanks / Like

Default AmpliTube for iPhone app updated, new DSP, features, and stomps available too

I just wanted to let you all know that we've updated AmpliTube for iPhone with many great new free features and some in-app purchase stomps and features available too.

More information: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/NewsDisplay.php?Id=2813

IK Multimedia is proud to release AmpliTube 2 for iPhone, a major update to the leading guitar software for iPhone. AmpliTube 2 for iPhone offers incredibly realistic tones and effects, full multi-track recording capabilities and an advanced practice tool - all in one convenient mobile app, from the leaders in analog gear modeling software for professional recording studios. Use the AmpliTube iRig interface adapter to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and you are ready to rock!

What's new in AmpliTube 2 for iPhone:

In the free update:

* New built-in one-track recorder with re-amping feature
    * Improved sound quality of gear and cabinets with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC
    * Export recordings and mixes as high quality WAV audio files or send them by email as MP3s
    * Import songs as backing tracks directly from user iPod library, from iTunes using file sharing or Wi-Fi
    * New SpeedTrainer allows players to slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch
    * Up to 50 songs can now be imported
    * New preset naming feature
    * New Setup panel including input and output level controls
    * New scrollable menu for easier and faster gear selection in the FX and AMP sections

Now available as in-app purchase:

* New multi-track recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects: Reverb, EQ and Compressor. Available together as in-app purchase for $9.99/€7.99.
    * 5 new stompbox effects: Compressor, Reverb, Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Limiter. Available for only $2.99/€2.39 each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sweet! I already have found it very useful and the sounds enjoyable, and am glad to see that importing songs to use as backing tracks looks easier. It seemed a bit cumbersome before, which was my one complaint. The other upgrades look cool too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! This is very exciting! The multi track recording seems like a killer feature!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And those using AmpliTube on iPad don't have the update yet and unfortunately also have to wait for iKlip - http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iklip

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_WnYC28mo

I like this ad, which closes featuring the iRig and amplitube. The part starting at 24 seconds is awesome. I am going to try and find that tone.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson