Thread: Myspace being revamped

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Myspace being revamped

Have you heard? Myspace gets a facelift.

http://www.myspace.com/guide/newmyspace

So does this mean MySpace can raise itself from the Internet deadpool and be more than just a zombie stalking around the fringes of the social networking landscape?

The site will have an official introduction on Thursday, November 4 at 3 pm Pacific Time.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I deleted my account because it was too labor intensive and the pages loaded so slowly. I'm not going back.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

myspace still has a purpose in my opion for bands and musicians, but not for socializing. they dropped the ball on that one. i was reading on ulimate guitar about this, and they said as long as myspace remains on the first page of a google search it would continue to be usefull to those. I dont think it can recover fully into a top tier socializing network. however if they can get it load proper, faster and easier. myspace could become a fore front for discovering and keep up to date with your bands. and maybe thats the way it should try to grow now. completely scrap the socializing and use it as a music knowledge base.

I have a account there and only the bands i follow ever have a update when I do log in.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I haven't used it in over a year, I do think Myspace is better for bands than Facebook.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Myspace was for much and I've used it successfully for that a lot, but not in the last 2 years or so. It's sorta like Geocities in that respect, it was call when new, but never grew up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Though I haven't used it in over a year, I do think Myspace is better for bands than Facebook.
    I was planning to post something akin to this. I missed out on the whole Myspace thing, but everyonce in a while a local band will have a my space page that I check out, and it seems to be much better than FB for band-type stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have deleted my personal musical accounts. Myspace is pretty slow loading, they change things on a weekly basis and it gets more and more confusing in my eyes.
    Myspace is definitely something for bands and musicians, I never understood why someone created a persona account like for example on face book. Generally I do not have any kind of account, not at Facebook or any other social networking page. I don't like making my self a glass person.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    myspace still has a purpose in my opinion for bands and musicians, but not for socializing.
    This. The music upload feature alone is worth occasional updates, etc. I use fb daily, but also myspace when I have a show coming up.