Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Reverb problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverb problem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser

What tube issues did you have with yours?
    I had a clock running in mine. It was a steady tick, tick, tick, and some other noises. I took it all the way across the state to an authorized service center and they "couldn't find anything wrong." Brought it home and immediately it was doing the same thing (losers at the service center). Switched out some tubes and never had the problem afterward.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default some things to try

The EL84 tubes are just labeled tube 3 and 4 in the schematic there are just two EL84s on the schematic that I see. Being that there are op amps on the +/-15 volt supplies in the signal chain all over the amp those supplies are probably OK. There is an adjustment pot PT110 labeled SYM adjust you could note the current position of the pot and dial it back and forth a few times then back to its original position. This pot looks to be to center the operating point of the two transistors gain stage of T4 and T5 for symmetrical clipping. With a little luck maybe the wiper has a bad contact and exercising it will clear it up. One thing the reverb signal will do is to increase the peak to peak signal when in phase with the clean signal so maybe the SYM adjust will have an effect. I think the schematic is in error on where it shows the reverb return signal and feedback connection because in a simulation that setup would not work. Looking at the schematic there is a master control as well as lead master, clean volume and tone controls. You could try dialing the clean volume back and turning the master up in case it is clipping in the preamp sections before the power section that is the cause of the problem. If the problem is due to overdriving the reverb tank R48 the 22 ohm 1 Watt resistor could be doubled to 44 ohms to reduce the current on the input transducer of the reverb tank.

Post Thanks / Like

1- check and change tube(s).

2- does the reverb work ?
    if not,

3- reverb drive or transformer (small ) could be bad.

4- check caps for leakage

5- check for a short in the chassis somewhere.
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look what I found in Brian's basement...

It's so cool that we have so many people here that know all this stuff. Just one more reason I love The Fret.

That said, I still say...USE THE BIG HAMMER!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12