Thread: Star One -Victims of the Modern Age

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star One -Victims of the Modern Age

Arjen Lucassen, the gifted Dutchman behind, Ayreon, Star One, Stream of Passion, Ambeon, and Vengance has released (finally) the sequel to the original Star One album "Space Metal" from 2002.

The first album was chocked full of guest stars and so is this one. The production is impeccable, the songs and playing are energetic and the different moods are sublime. At first listen this album does not dissapoint. Strong vocal contributions from Russel Allen (Symphony X), Damian Wilson (Headspace, Threshold), Floor Jansen (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), Dan Swanö (Nightingale, Second Sky, ex-Edge of Sanity), Tony Martin (Ex-Black Sabbath).

With the addition of Gary Wehrkamp the rest of the original Star One lineup remains unchanged in the Instrumentalist department.

Arjen Lucassen - Guitars, keyboards
    Ed Warby - Drums (Ayreon, Hail of Bullets, Gorefest)
    Peter Vink - bass
    Joost van den Broek - keyboard solos (Ex-After Forever)
    Gary Wehrkamp - guitar solos (Shadow Gallery)

If this goes the way of the first Star One album there may be a tour and a DVD. Truly a great rock and roll stage production and highly entertaining. I've got my fingers crossed.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, this looks cool. I am going to Holland next year. Will be researching this.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson