Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ladies Night Gig tonight...

Thread: Ladies Night Gig tonight...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ladies Night Gig tonight...

We are playing as a 3 piece - piano/guitarist/vocalist + me on guitar + a percussionist.

It's a Ladies' Night gig! Should be fun!

It's a bit of a drive to get there, so I'll be gone all day. We practice a bit before the show, play for a while, get fed supper, and then we play again.

I haven't decided which gear I will bring. I think I'll take my Hellhound combo and a Mack amp (or one more small combo as a backup). A few pedals and two guitars, and that should do it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

Do you know what the ladies really like?

Some booty-shaking bass!

Rock!

NWB

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yeah, we wanted a bass player but couldn't find one for this gig.

It was fun but long. And, a bit embarrassing when a lady came up and rubbed her *hrm* you know back, on my back as I was playing... Too much bodychecking there for a while for me!

It got really late too. Didn't get to bed until 4:30, so this I don't want to do too often, but once in a while, it's entertaining.

We had major issues with the PA and the power in the building. Kept blowing the brakers, so that sucked big time.

Welcome to the Red Beaver!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

RED BEAVER! That's great.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ladies night at the Red Beaver. You just can't top that.
    You didn't think that Ladies night would be a Non Contact sport did you Robert?
    I bet you are still picking the 20s out of your underwear.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

They had planned on calling it the "Pink Beaver", but the ladies thought that was going too far...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    They had planned on calling it the "Pink Beaver", but the ladies thought that was going too far...
    I dunno...Furry Beaver might have been a tad more over the edge. Actually, just insert any adjective here _______________ Beaver. Makes for a pretty good chuckle when you think about a sign for Ladies Night.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never forget seeing a woman showing her friend her new beaver coat. The friend reached out to touch the incredibly soft fur with her fingers. She turned to the coat's owner, flashed an impish grin, and said Now I know why they call it 'beaver'!

Post Thanks / Like