Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is hard disk recording a curse sometimes?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tool, and can be used for good or evil. Repetitive takes can be a learning curve, fixing mistakes can lead you down the path to creativity, or just be a cheap cheat. All depends on how you use it.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    It's a tool, and can be used for good or evil. Repetitive takes can be a learning curve, fixing mistakes can lead you down the path to creativity, or just be a cheap cheat. All depends on how you use it.
    I completely agree oldguy.

Jimi's original topic was whether HD recording could be a curse sometimes. Personally, I don't really see it as a curse. I think it is an amazing tool that can do both amazing and crappy things. Sometimes simultaneously.

Taste and restraint (or the lack of) have always been a factor whether recording analog or digital. Plenty of crappy recordings in the old days and certainly tons more now that anyone can do it. But the access and creative freedom are wonderful things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12