Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I just put BG p90's in my Les Paul and shot some video...

Thread: I just put BG p90's in my Les Paul and shot some video...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile I just put BG p90's in my Les Paul and shot some video...

I messed up the audio so you can't hear me speak very much once the guitar gets going but the guitar audio turned out pretty good...it was my first try using my recording interface for the audio and dumping it into iMovie....

Here's what the guitar sounded like before:

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love P90s - I have them in one of mine. You must be a big guy - that LP looks like a toy in your hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    Gotta love P90s - I have them in one of mine. You must be a big guy - that LP looks like a toy in your hands.
    Yeah...here I am next to Robert..

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan makes some BAD-A** pups. An extremely talented winder. I've got two of his buckers in my lap steel.....and I'm soon to take delivery of an 8 stringer with Tele-style pups that he wound.

http://www.bg-pups.com/h90.html

Post Thanks / Like

Phil from White Bridge Music raves about his BGs. His prices are very fair, considering they're hand made by him. Sure would be nice to have a set of those...
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark: A couple of questions. What did they replace?
    How are the new pickups for noise in positions 1 and 2. I notice you are quite a distance from the amp in the video, was that to reduce feedback?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Mark: A couple of questions. What did they replace?
    How are the new pickups for noise in positions 1 and 2. I notice you are quite a distance from the amp in the video, was that to reduce feedback?
    They replaces a Duncan of some sort that was in the guitar when I got it in the bridge and a Rose pickups Alnico V in the neck, which just replaced a Gibson T Top.

The amp was across the room because it was loud and I was trying to have separate mics on it and my voice (which didn't work out as you can see )

The pickups themselves are pretty quiet...no real noise from being in front of the computer monitor and no more than normal for a single coil near an amp. I haven't tried them with a high gain pedal yet, though.

I did a whole "Build Thread" where I go through the process of installing everything if you guys are interested: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...ibson-The-Paul.