Thread: New Eminence Technology

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Eminence Technology

http://www.eminence-speaker.com/fdm.asp

I have absolutely no idea how this works. If it sounds good that would be pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

If it works it's great. I think many guitarists would embrace such a technology.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I need speakers for some amph's of mine and I think I'll give one a try.I know they are about 200 but won't know till I try.Man Christmas is comming early.Yea!!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Let me open up a can of worms,there is two choices the Maverek and the Reignmaker,which one would you choose and why?Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how they keep it from moving when the speaker is being shaken all over the place. I'd also like to know about the long-term reliability of a system like this. Cool tech, nevertheless.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

look at this link also http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=15619 this has already been posted on.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty cool... unless you have them in a closed cab that is The attenuation seems to track pretty even across the speaker's frequency response at about 10dB from full on to full off. Should cut the perceived volume by half. Nice.
    Ax: Mid 70s Maple Ovation Viper w/ ebony fretboard. DiMarzio PAF (n) DiMarzio Super Dist (b) Both with coil taps.

Amps:
    Early 70's Ampeg V4, Home made 2x12 Cab w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, TRAD Amplification DLX-15 (5E3 clone), TRAD Amplification SPR-40 (5E8-A clone)

Outboard Gear: Chandler rack mounted Tube Driver, ART SGX-2000 processor

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't like the idea of having to put my hand into the back of a speaker cab. Frequency charts are great for the techies, but I would like to hear them live and see what it does.
    Of course I was skeptical about hybrid amps not sounding "real", or too sterile, but the Super Champ XD blew that assumption. So maybe this is the next step for the home player.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

My bad about the double link. I didn't do a search before I posted.

As for the technology, nothing else has really worked since people have tried to tackle the problem of the good sounding section of amps being too loud. Maybe they really have found a decent solution, but I just kinda doubt it. Also, it looks kinda cheap and plasticky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery
    My bad about the double link. I didn't do a search before I posted.
    Maybe a mod can merge this with the other one
    Ax: Mid 70s Maple Ovation Viper w/ ebony fretboard. DiMarzio PAF (n) DiMarzio Super Dist (b) Both with coil taps.

Amps:
    Early 70's Ampeg V4, Home made 2x12 Cab w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, TRAD Amplification DLX-15 (5E3 clone), TRAD Amplification SPR-40 (5E8-A clone)

Outboard Gear: Chandler rack mounted Tube Driver, ART SGX-2000 processor

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can figure is that as you turn the "knob" it would minutely
    tighten or loosen the cone somewhat. Of course, I'm probably completely
    offbase....but if correct that would not be such ground breaking tech.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VERY interesting indeed...I dunno how it works, my first guess would be it moves the magnet farther from the coils when u turn it...quite interesting.

That _might_ be a very good system. Just need to have some sort of fork attachment to it that would allow for installation in a closed cab & have an adjuster on the outside.

My guess is it's gonna be rather costly as well? Was there any price info?
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.