Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gibson why oh why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibson why oh why?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson why oh why?

Jonas Brothers Melody Maker!
    A sad sad day for Gibson fans around the world!!!!!!!!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...ody-Maker.aspx
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

At least it cost less than the other recently released aberration. Gibson really needs to give Henry the boot.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Gibby -

Please remove heads from your asses and do the following things to this guitar:

Remove the JB graphic and all references to the Jonas Brothers. Your primary market isn't tween girls. Adding these graphics isn't going to open up market share to a new segment of players, any more than a New Kids on the Block guitar would've done in the 80s, or the Backstreet Boys in the 90s.

Offer it in the same finishes as the single coil Melody Maker.

Slap a price of $599 on it, same as the SG special, and just about $110 more than the single coil Melody Maker.

Sit back, and watch 'em fly out the door.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Dear Gibby -

Please remove heads from your asses and do the following things to this guitar:

Remove the JB graphic and all references to the Jonas Brothers. Your primary market isn't tween girls. Adding these graphics isn't going to open up market share to a new segment of players, any more than a New Kids on the Block guitar would've done in the 80s, or the Backstreet Boys in the 90s.

Offer it in the same finishes as the single coil Melody Maker.

Slap a price of $599 on it, same as the SG special, and just about $110 more than the single coil Melody Maker.

Sit back, and watch 'em fly out the door.
    That's a good idea. That would be a fun guitar. I bet you can get one pretty close from Agile.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the guys making the fakes will make this bad boy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cross post from yesterday...

I'm sure Gibson will make up for lost Firebird X sales with this new Jonas Brothers Melody Maker!
    I can see thousands of guitar enthusiasts GASing over this, selling off gear to get the needed spending money. MSRP is only $1165 US, but I think I'll wait for the Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga Signature models!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    MSRP is only $1165 US, but I think I'll wait for the Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga Signature models!
    Seriously? Tell me it isn't true...because...you know for sure that I'll be waiting too. See, it has already stirred my emotions so that I don't even know which emoticon to use.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    That's a good idea. That would be a fun guitar. I bet you can get one pretty close from Agile.

SVL, you can. The Agile AD-201 looks almost exactly like the JB Gibby, except it has a dogear P90 in the bridge, binding on the neck, and I'll bet the body is a little thicker. Of course the headstock and cutaway are different, but the vibe is there. It's $249.00.

I'd love to see Epi do a LP Junior version of these, with a set neck.

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201vwht.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201hs.html

For $10 more, you can get their "TV Yellow" version:

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201tvy.html
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Meanwhile at Epiphone...

The New Tak Matsumoto Double-Cut Standard Goldtop
    Sadly, only for the Japanese market...

Pickups:
    Neck: Gibson USA Burstbucker-2 (Zebra)

Bridge: Gibson USA Burstbucker-3 (Zebra)

Last edited by Tig; November 12th, 2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

All of the Tak Matsumoto sigs have been awesome looking (he had an Elitist LP a few years ago).

That guitar is beautiful. It's a shame it's not offered here.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take a MFH* to one of those if I see one!

For the sake of humanity.

*Reference Brian Krashpad's Open Mic bathroom incident.

Post Thanks / Like

First they give that Chad guy from Nickelback a sig guitar, and now this? Good lord, has the mad hatter taken the helm over there? They have no shame at all, I tell you. None.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    The New Tak Matsumoto Double-Cut Standard Goldtop
    Sadly, only for the Japanese market...

Pickups:
    Neck: Gibson USA Burstbucker-2 (Zebra)

Bridge: Gibson USA Burstbucker-3 (Zebra)

That looks like a nice guitar. Sort of a cross between a double cut and a Strat. Maybe SYO can snag us one.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

:-) I got a good laugh out of seeing some of the responses to this thread. I completely agree with you. It seems like Gibson does some really stupid product ideas sometimes (this ranks right up there with the "reverse Flying V") . They don't seem to be in touch with the people that actually buy and use their stuff. Jonas Brother's fans shouldn't jump to the top of the list as a target market, unless their marketing guy doesn't play guitar and doesn't understand what the guitar-buying public really wants. There are so many better ideas that they could have done, and so many other signature models that would have made more sense before doing something like this with the Jonas Brothers.

I don't get it.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me buy I get turned off by the whole idea of a signature model for the most part. Of course I don't mind playing the same make and model guitar of a famous player, I just don't want their name plastered all over it let alone a big goofy logo on the body like the Jonas Bros model.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    I'll take a MFH* to one of those if I see one!

For the sake of humanity.

*Reference Brian Krashpad's Open Mic bathroom incident.
    Haha, I am legend!

Btw, to answer the OP's rhetorical question, because Henry J. is a tool, who:

1. Is clueless about what guitarists want; and

2. Will do anything for the dosh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Maybe it's just me buy I get turned off by the whole idea of a signature model for the most part. Of course I don't mind playing the same make and model guitar of a famous player, I just don't want their name plastered all over it let alone a big goofy logo on the body like the Jonas Bros model.

It feels like the guitar-player's version of those superhero Halloween costumes they used to have when we were kids that had the plastic mask and the shirt with the picture of the superhero on it as if Superman or Batman went around wearing outfits with their own picture on the front.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

In my day it was John Wayne ~ Do I look dangerous or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast