Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Stock Agile AL 3100
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock Agile AL 3100

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stock Agile AL 3100

This is my Agile 3100 flammed cherry burst double bound. This is a great guitar stock. The pickups sound great and I do not plan to upgrade them. The finish is great and the general build quality is superior to many guitars costing much more. The neck is big and round and chunky - it feels great and plays super great. I like the chunky neck, much more chunky than my Epiphone Standards or other LP type guitars:

Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see it worked.
    That is a sweet looking LP Duff. I am a sucker for HC Burst. Nice subtle flame.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile

Thanks Zman. That is my best all around LP style guitar I have including ones with real Seymour Duncans in them.

Actually this was a dry run for the pictures I'm going to take of my Black Top and a couple other guitars I bought recently, even though it is raining today and the sun is not shining. I will have to rig up some photo plan.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

You should move up here. The sun is so bright I can hardly see the computer screen. Rain later today, coming from the South. Thanks alot!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile

Yeah. My ancestors are from Canada. My Dad's uncle was a Monsigneur at Saint Anne de Beaupre, retired there. We used to visit him during the summers.

A close friend of mine has a big lodge and a few cabins on Pipestone Lake in Western Ontario, above International Falls a hundred miles or so. Accessible by water only via a 17 mile boat trip, or float plane. The place is awesome and the area is beautiful. Walleyes and Notherns, big Northerns. He is very lucky to have inherited this lodge. Ontario is beautiful.

Are you North of Watertown, NY? Or farther West?

When "Old Man Winter" blows that North Wind down out of the Arctic, you have to love it. I've been in -45F straight up on the thermometer, no wind chill over twice in my life, lived in Minnesota and grew up in Lake George, NY. That's fun to be out in if you have the right clothes, coat, and boots; not to mention a new battery in your car or truck. Separates the men from the boys.

That Agile is a cool guitar. I wouldn't mind getting a black with gold trim version.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking guitar! The body looks pretty fat. A real cool guitar!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile

Yeah Jimi, it has some mass to it. Best LP type guitar I own.

Do the Agiles show up in Germany? The guy has a website called rondomusic.com, no affilliation. Not sure how far he ships but he might make arrangements. He answers his emails very promptly.

Appreciate the compliment on the Agile.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I have an Agile SG (Valkyrie) with P-90's. Unfortunately financial sitch is causing me to sell, but it's a nice guitar-- I sold my Epi SG when I got the Agile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful Agile!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    Yeah. My ancestors are from Canada. My Dad's uncle was a Monsigneur at Saint Anne de Beaupre, retired there. We used to visit him during the summers.

A close friend of mine has a big lodge and a few cabins on Pipestone Lake in Western Ontario, above International Falls a hundred miles or so. Accessible by water only via a 17 mile boat trip, or float plane. The place is awesome and the area is beautiful. Walleyes and Notherns, big Northerns. He is very lucky to have inherited this lodge. Ontario is beautiful.

Are you North of Watertown, NY? Or farther West?

When "Old Man Winter" blows that North Wind down out of the Arctic, you have to love it. I've been in -45F straight up on the thermometer, no wind chill over twice in my life, lived in Minnesota and grew up in Lake George, NY. That's fun to be out in if you have the right clothes, coat, and boots; not to mention a new battery in your car or truck. Separates the men from the boys.

That Agile is a cool guitar. I wouldn't mind getting a black with gold trim version.
    I am about 11 miles from the border.
    Near Niagara Falls Ontario. I have been to Watertown. I took a leisurely holiday trip on the backroads of Upstate NY about 20 or so years ago. Watertown, Lake Placid, and several others. A really nice trip.
    We are between the Great Lakes, Ontario and Erie. Buffalo gets dumped on with snow and we get nothing. It is a pretty nice climate. We do get snow but not a lot. We are Gardeners and we have plants in secluded spots in our garden that are native to South Carolina, and they grow year round.
    On average we are 2 degrees F warmer than anywhere else in Southern Ontario.
    Will keep my eye on Rondo for sales. I like the price you paid.
    My god Duff I just looked up Pipestone lake and it is about 800 to a 1000 miles North West of me. That is way above Lake Superior. That is pristine country. You could drink the water in the lake and probably most of the fish have never seen a lure before.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic but :St Anne de beaupré is in the Quebec city area and very popular with Churchpeople..

http://www.ssadb.qc.ca/

By the way , great lookin axe man ... Clip . Clip..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

very nice guitar congrats.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm torn between one of these Agile LP's or this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/eg6cusbk.html
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr
    I'm torn between one of these Agile LP's or this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/eg6cusbk.html
    That does look cool, but...

1) It's SX, which is lower quality and made in China
    2) IMO, Agile (and Rondo) in general really excels when it comes to Les Paul style guitars. I think that's what made them quasi-famous. Point being, I still think their LPs are their best bets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    That does look cool, but...

1) It's SX, which is lower quality and made in China
    2) IMO, Agile (and Rondo) in general really excels when it comes to Les Paul style guitars. I think that's what made them quasi-famous. Point being, I still think their LPs are their best bets.
    Always a risk - but I got an SX shortscale bass that is excellent for $149. I did have an Agile AL-3000 for awhile - it was a great guitar but they are heavy as boat anchors lol! That's the only thing I don't like about them. Still, I love me some LP sound
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zman. That is my best all around LP style guitar I have including ones with real Seymour Duncans in them.

Actually this was a dry run for the pictures I'm going to take of my Black Top and a couple other guitars I bought recently, even though it is raining today and the sun is not shining. I will have to rig up some photo plan.
    Great looking Guitar! As this was a dry run for more pix, may I offer some suggestions? Just two things to think about really. Firstly consider the background. Is it too "busy"? Meaning basically, are there are too many colours and shapes distracting my eye from the subject. If less than ideal backgrounds are forced upon you, then you can use a narrow DOF to blur the background whilst shooting, or you can use some editing tricks like de-saturating the background or even adding lens blur to simulate Bokeh (The blurred background effect you get from a narrow DOF).

Secondly don't be afraid to get real up close and personal. Fill the frame with the subject till it's spilling out the sides. You'll get some great shots that way. That's probably my number one photography tip actually, simply, "Get Closer"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile

Zman, been to Niagra Falls park area, falls area, about ten times so far. Lived as a kid on Upper Peninsula of Michigan and later Northern Minnesota and used to frequently travel "over" the top of the Great Lakes, up the Saint Lawrence and into New York that way. All the way from Duluth, Mn to Lake George, NY. Long ride back then with no where near the super highways of today, but all of the construction along the way of them building them. Above Lake Superior and Lake Huron is beautiful country, back then very wildernesslike, except for abberations like around Sudbury, Canada where nothing would grow on the hillsides for miles around and everything was covered with orange dust from the nickel mines, long since closed I hear. It's the type of place you never forget and my friend is very aware of the beautiful lodge he owns, dock right on Pipestone lake, log cabins, big lodge and all. You can take a canoe up into the surrounding lakes via small streams and portages and those fish probably really haven't seen a lure. Huge Northerns in Pipestone Lake.

Blaze, yes that is beautiful around Quebec City. These places get very very cold, apparently quite different from the climate zone Zman is tucked into.

Progrmr, that is a nice Gibson semi hollow copy SX. Did you see this similar Agile one, no affln?

http://www.rondomusic.com/as280blkchhw.html

or this

http://www.rondomusic.com/product3265.html

Costs more but the last Agile has a bigsby and Alnico V pickups. I bought an Agile AL 2000 with ceramic humbuckers for Charity's grandson, with a Peavey Royal 8 tube amp. It is 225 and is very well built, a great guitar for the money; something we were proud to give as a gift. Was built better, played better and sounded better than the comparably priced guitarfetish Xavier XV500 I bought. Way better attention to detail with the Agile than the Xavier. I have a couple very nice inexpensive SX guitars that I won't sell.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile

Chojin, thanks for the tips. I used to get into depth of field a lot back before digital cameras, but recently I bought a Nikon D5000 and a couple lenses, so I can get back into some more creative photos.

This Agile plays real well, by the way.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast