Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A vicious rumor (or rumour depending on who you are) - Squier '51 content

Post Thanks / Like

Default A vicious rumor (or rumour depending on who you are) - Squier '51 content

Someone is spreading a nasty rumor that the Squier '51s are out of production. Anyone else hear this? Will this make them collectors items now?

Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that on another forum. I doubt that that would happen as they are popular fast selling guitars. But if it does happen be glad that you have one and that it may become more valuable in time.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I saw that on another forum. I doubt that that would happen as they are popular fast selling guitars. But if it does happen be glad that you have one and that it may become more valuable in time.
    Well...I don't have one. Someone is trying to talk me into one to quell my lust for maple necks.....until the time is right to get a JV Strat. At $149 it's tempting.

How many of you '51 players REALLY like yours? I mean really. Let the discussion begin.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

i heard the same thing....i think it might be true

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a publicity stint for Squire to make slight changes and give it new "51 attributes.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I spied MF and GC and they're selling their remaining stock with reference to buying one now before they are sold out forever. I guess it's true.

Post Thanks / Like

that`s what I was going to say Tim... I guess they must be coming with something new... maybe a improved "Deluxe 51"

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, wonder who that someone might be...

Get one! I love mine still. It's cool little guitar with great sounds and easy play. It's staple gear, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Well...I don't have one. Someone is trying to talk me into one to quell my lust for maple necks
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine. Change the stock bridge and it's even better.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Fender plans to re-introduce this guitar under the Fender brand name?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Limited supply at MF... Ahhh... a collector in the making.. The First Edition Squier 51 (Made famous by Robert Renman back in the early 21st century).. I can hear them talking about it come the 22nd Century..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=519636

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Justa's right Rob. You better hold onto that puppy it could be world famous. YOU could be world famous. Almost as famous as Spud.

I've been thinking....I could tighten up the tension on the stock bridge of a '51 by shimming the rear neck pocket and raising the saddle heights to make a greater neck angle. Fixable. Or get one of those GFS bridges like you guys have done. Question......is the body of the '51 thin like say on an Affinity body? What is the body material made out of? Basswood? Plywood? I wouldn't mind having a Blonde '51.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    that`s what I was going to say Tim... I guess they must be coming with something new... maybe a improved "Deluxe 51"
    Or better yet! A Fender Deluxe "51 with H/S or even H/H setups.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

The body is slim basswood.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just at my local Sam Ash 2 days ago, and they had three of 'em on the wall. One of my local guitar shops has at least a couple as well. I didn't notice any at Guitar Center when I was there on Friday, but then I wasn't looking for anything more than a gig bag for my latest low end acquisition (no, I won't steal this thread, go look in the bass area).
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh, fellers...'51s are now 99.99 at Musician's Friend. They're blowing them out...I'm getting two!!

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh! Now I have to spend another $100. You are evil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    Uh oh, fellers...'51s are now 99.99 at Musician's Friend. They're blowing them out...I'm getting two!!

Robert, or anyone else, can this guitar do a reasonable surf tone? My 9 year old might need a christmas gift, and is in to surf guitar at the moment (along with MxPx style punk).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It will do almost everything. They are pretty unique and a great choice for a first guitar. I wish they would have been around when I was starting. Awesome deal at $100 with free shipping. Just get one. It may need a little setup work after you get it. They cut the cost there but you still get a great axe for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast