Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rutherfordectomy results!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rutherfordectomy results!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rutherfordectomy results!

I guess I have probably mentioned I got a lump on my neck a few months ago, if not, those of you on fb may've seen it. I named it Rutherford, and he came out yesterday.

Frankenstein scar now in place! Bosstastically hideous! Man that f*cker must be 4 inches long! Got in at 6:30 a.m. and back home 1 pm-ish.

I'm fine. But it turned out the pathology on Rutherford was not a cyst but tumor, and not benign (which is what a needle biopsy a couple weeks ago had shown). Doc was almost as surprised as us. But they got it all, along with a tonsil and lymph glands just to be safe. Both the thingy on the tonsil and one on a lymph node were the earliest stage, T1 and L1 respectively. But, just to be further safe, I get to stick my neck in front of some radiation for 5 or 6 weeks, and I'll be good as new!

Btw-- the stuff about hospital ice cream after a tonsilectomy is bullsnot! I di'n't seen it! I had some of my own here at Casa Krashpad last night though.

Went to docs this a.m. Scar supposedly "looks good" inside of throat's all tore up, but that's supposedly normal. Disgusting drain thingy to come out Monday morning. Rad treatments start 11/29.

Just call me Zipperneck! Putitn' on the Ritz!

On second thought I look like the Clint in Hang 'em High!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you do look like Clint.....at the scar anyway.

Dude, good luck to you with the RAD treatments and such. Mojo and prayers coming your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, this isn't going to hurt your prodigious guitar-face capabilities, is it????

Seriously, glad to hear that everything was well-contained and that the prognosis is so good!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Brian. I'm really glad they got it all, and glad you're alright. You have a very positive attitude, and I think that's a very important thing for recovery. Keep your chin up, brother!

By the way, your wife digs scars, right?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy post-ectomy, "Clint"!

I'm glad they got it all out and that you'll be fine. Now you'll have something extra to be thankful for next week.
    Last edited by Tig; November 19th, 2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks fellers!

Not sure Mrs. K's position on scars, but she was the one to first notice the lump, so she probably won't say anything abou it, haha!

What's really odd is that she's always hated facial hair-- until mine started coming in gray and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, scars are manly. That's what I said when I got 'em anyway.

Glad things turned out OK for you, Brian, and MAJOR mojo and prayers from this end, hoping you heal quick, (and the rad treatments don't zap 'ya too bad, bro.)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All the best to you my man! I am glad things are looking good despite the scare! (but not despite the scar!)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Good wishes and healing prayers for you, Krash!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything went okay! Best wishes on contiued, quick recovery with prayers included.

That scar looks manly as all get out. You could have some fun with it at parties...

Party Patron: Hey, Brian, where'd ya get that scar?

Krashpad: I won't say exactly, but you should see the other guy!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

You're in my thoughts. Good luck, Brian!
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything went well, Krash. It looks quite a bit like the mass my sister had removed when she was in her early grade school years. Thankfully, there's been no reoccurrence, even though they never figured out what hers was.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and my prayers go out to you.
    Having had my only Daughter beat 3 brain tumors and one spinal tumor I can some what understand your pain.

Keep your Head up & stay positive.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Best thoughts to you Brian. Glad to hear that the prognosis is a good one!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks peeps. And Maxi, I'd say you more than understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian,

I'm glad the procedure went okay and that you have such a fantastic attitude about the further treatment. You have the right fighting spirit, but hey, that's to be expected from a punk rocker!!

Please take care.

don

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you're ok. Take good care of yourself!!!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More good thoughts, mojo and power chords going out your way!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Damn, I hope it ain't too painful. I just had full tonsillectomy last Thursday, and that hurt like hell for a week and even now I'm spitting out bloody chunks every now and then, still got sore white and rough patches down the gullet. I guess that was a bit more than the average tonsillectomy, seems they pretty much scooped the whole back of the mouth off when I look in. But I did get plenty of ice-cream at the hospital!

Anyways, hope it's going well...and, after all - you did get an impressive scar :-) scars on face are cool in their way, they tend to lend you an air of someone who's really seen&experienced something I guess.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast