Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gibson why oh why? PART 2

Thread: Gibson why oh why? PART 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson why oh why? PART 2

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...erry-Sunburst/

I GUESS NOTHING LEADS AND BREEDS LIKE SUCCESS.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Shameful. I'm surprised Billy would let his name be a part of this....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. $45,000 for a sig. Wow.

Do you think a guitar like this was built for a player? I'll bet each and every one sold will spend it's life in a shadow case, on a wall, dusty and unplayed.

Sad. Just sad.

Someone needs to tell Henry to stop snorting the mahogany dust in the factory. It's rotting his brain.

I don't blame Gibbons for this, though. I'll bet he gets a pretty good chunk of change out of the deal, and rock n' roll isn't known for its retirement plan. If he can make the cash, go for it. I do question Gibby's marketing department philosophy, though.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gee, what should I, the average guitar player who wants a Rev. Willy G sound buy, a $44,000 signature Gibby, or an Epiphone with some Pearly gates pickups and save $43,000 and change?

OK, say I like my guitars a bit more fancy... Should I go with a $3500-$4500 Gibson (you name the model LP), or add $40,000 for the big boy version?
    Last edited by Tig; November 21st, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Yum.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Free Shipping!? You mean you can drop $44,995.00 but you refuse to pay shipping? Cheap skate!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You must have a very huge ego (at least you must think you have it), or either a very small genital, to be dumb enough to come up with such stupidly high prices!

But, truth is that Gibsons finds enough people that have one of the above mentioned attributes and that are potential buyers.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The picture reminds me of something...so some people string the guitar that way, I mean, the strings wrapping the stopbar instead of just going thru. Seems to me that lenghtens the area where stretching and detuning might happen...but would it be better for string longeivity? Hmm...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BTW Jimi I just realized in your avatar pic you look eerily much like my friend & bassist of Crankenhaus...on th every right here next to yours truly:

Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    The picture reminds me of something...so some people string the guitar that way, I mean, the strings wrapping the stopbar instead of just going thru. Seems to me that lenghtens the area where stretching and detuning might happen...but would it be better for string longeivity? Hmm...
    hmmm good question. Anyone know the benefit to doing this?
    Cheers
    Fretz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    BTW Jimi I just realized in your avatar pic you look eerily much like my friend & bassist of Crankenhaus...on th every right here next to yours truly:

Thanks my friend. I take this as a compliment 'cause your friend is a good looking guy I'd say :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

If I buy it, can I resell the "original strings"?

Oh, wait, the ad text says: "It even includes the original .008 gauge strings that shipped with the instrument, along with the original box."

Very confusing.... Billy G. saved his shipping box, and babied the strings along..?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Wow $45K for a guitar? I would be afraid to take it out of the house. So then, what kind of person buys a guitar like this? I'd say it's some rich guy that always liked ZZ Top, but doesn't really play guitar.

It's frustrating when companies make these guitars that seem to meant as a museum piece rather than an actual instrument you would go out and gig with.

I want a guitar that I can take out of the display case, play the heck out of it, bring it to gigs, sweat on it, and actually use it, and never feel bad about it.

So, it kind of makes me think, what is my threshold for "too expensive" when it comes to a guitar. I really can't say, but I know that this one is way past that for me. :-)

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718