Thread: VHT Special 6!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default VHT Special 6!!!

Maybe THE bang for buck yet. As someone on tdpri said, it's the Squire Classic Vibe of amps.

http://www.vhtamp.com/vht-special.html

This killer 6 W class A China/USA head is packed with boutique features, point2point hand wiring, and a rock solid build. Very impressive, just out of the proverbial box. Head $170, 1x10 combo $200, and seems to be mod friendly. Thanx to it's cathode biased output stage (I'm just reading off the net!) other tubes can be used, but you may need to cool it off every hour or so... One guy on YT swapped in an EL34 and a 12ax7 = twice as loud and broke up way earlier. I'd like to hear it with a 6L6. Even stock it has plenty of clean headroom but not a lushy high end tone. Maybe that can be found without too much experimentation and breaking in. Marshall, Vox, Fender giving up great clean, country, jazz, rock sounds in one brick house mini amp, and cheap? Good times indeed!

The only thing that may keep many from rushing out for this one is the wild pace small quality amps are improving as the prices tumble.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of this. Very curious to hear some feedback from those who have tried one. Seems like great little amph, no doubt!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I've heard some great tones from VHT amphs, although admittedly from the hard rock / metal dudes.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40