Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD: 2006 Epiphone SG G-400 Custom Shop 1966 Reissue

Thread: NGD: 2006 Epiphone SG G-400 Custom Shop 1966 Reissue

Post Thanks / Like

Cool NGD: 2006 Epiphone SG G-400 Custom Shop 1966 Reissue

Here is another item I picked up in the trade recently.

2006 Epiphone SG G-400 Custom Shop 1966 Reissue

It's pretty much stock so far, except for the addition of the Bigsby.
    I'll be looking at pickups down the road, possibly some Toneriders
    ......or either a set of Gibsons. Also could use a set of locking tuners.
    The roller bridge is already ordered and should be here any day. It
    also came with a TKL HSC.

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats sweet man Id like to add a SG some day to my collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very cool SG! The limited edition Epi's are usually well made.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! That is one beautiful SG ya got there, PS.

Congrats!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ran into an Epi gold top P90 in mint condition at a pawn shop yesterday.
    Leaving it behind was such sweet sorrow...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sg

Real nice SG there with that cool looking Bigsby. Wonder if that is a steel or aluminium Bigsby? Not that it matters.

How is the action with that Bigsby on there?

I have a '66 "School of Rock" custom shop ltd ed just like that but without the Bigsby, and just got an SG Faded trans cherry satin finish that sounds just as good and they both sound real good. They also play great too.

For those that talk about neck dive I guess the Bigsby will terminate that problem.

That is really a nice guitar.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, the Bigsby does eliminate the neck dive pretty much.....
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice score Jim!

Looking at the strings though... aren't they to travel under the bar prior to the bridge?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right. I have not restrung it since I got it. Waiting for the roller bridge to come in.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

The roller bridge you have on order makes so much sense with a tremelo like this!
    Should be a great improvement

Again... nice score.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congrats!

I used to have a G400 and it was a neat guitar. It wasn't a limited edition though. Do you know what makes yours such? Is yours MIK, or MIC?

I have a WildKat that's a limiited edition, sfaik it's just a different finish/cosmetics than the regular ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Congrats!

I used to have a G400 and it was a neat guitar. It wasn't a limited edition though. Do you know what makes yours such? Is yours MIK, or MIC?

I have a WildKat that's a limiited edition, sfaik it's just a different finish/cosmetics than the regular ones.
    I think it's just the big 60s style 'guard that makes that one a limited. A long plate Bigsby is a bit odd on an SG too, you'd usually see a horseshoe type.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

well, it has the nifty "Custom Shop Limited Edition" stamp on the back of the neck...
    The pickguard is different....and possibly the pups are little nicer.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I hadn't noticed the large guard. At a minimum that's part of it. I actually like the smaller guard myself.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epi SG

My new Epi Faded satin cherry transparent finish SG has the small tear drop pickguard and my School of Rock (SOR) '66 ltd ed has the big Gibson SG Standard type pickguard with the pickups mounted on it.

I like them both. They both sound great.

I got the '66 ltd ed a year or two before my new Faded, and regardless of how the pickguard looks, it has always sounded great. I'm happy that the new Faded one sounds as good.

The SG with the small tear drop pickguard is real cool looking, with more wood showing on the body. That inexpensive Faded Epi SG is a real cool guitar.

I just bought a 35mm fast lens for my Nikon DSLR and a SB600 flash unit. I should take some pictures of my Epi SGs together and post a couple. Some of my other guitars I need to take pictures of are packed away because we are working on the floor in the guitar room - ripped out the carpet, exposed some nice five inch floor planks, sanded them clean with the belt and palm sanders, and are going to stain them red mahogany and polyurethane them this weekend. The music room is going to look cool. Also doing the stairwell the same way at the same time.

The raw wood floor would be a good backdrop for the cherry stained SG pictures, uncluttered since everything is out of there.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some updated photos of my SG. You can't see a lot of the changes except for the roller bridge. I also added
    Marvel Strap Locks and DiMarzio Chrome Custom pups. I also cleaned it up a lot. Sounds really good.

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

New pics look great!

I need to put a roller bridge on my Wild Kat, thanks for reminding me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sg

That's a nice piece of gear.FYI anyone /SG/neck dive.I have a 2003 Epiphone Vintage/Faded Cherry...MIK....I love this guitar.I have found that I had less problems when I found the right strap.For me it's a 3 1/2 inch,black,soft leater strap from Clayton...I use narrower straps on my teles but they do not do nearly as well as the Clayton does on my SG.

kuvash