Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best of Alice Cooper
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best of Alice Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best of Alice Cooper

I was just thinking: what are the best Alice Cooper songs? Would you put just the hits on a Best Of Alice Cooper disc, or would you look for material that really shows what he's all about as a creative musician? Obviously his early band was incredibly talented and forward thinking. Hello Hurray or Cold Ethyl? That's what I'm getting at.

So which songs would you choose? (in case someone wants to put together a "Best of Alice Cooper" disc?

3 that I like

Halo of Flies
    I Love the Dead
    Cold Ethyl

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

"School's Out" is still one of my faves. I loved that whole disc.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

"Killer" is probably my favorite AC album.
    Halo of Flies is a masterpiece.
    Ballad of Dwight Fry (Love it to Death)
    Killer (Killer)

These aren't the necessarily the radio hits, but I think they represent some of the band's finest work.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't have an Alice compilation without "No More Mr. Nice Guy." Also essential is "I'm Eighteen."
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

This one too:

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Alice Cooper Greatest Hits album sums this up. Maybe do a new reissue version with a additional disk/tracks with songs like Poison.

For me, personaly

Schools Out
    No More Mr. Nice Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    I think the Alice Cooper Greatest Hits album sums this up. Maybe do a new reissue version with a additional disk/tracks with songs like Poison.

For me, personaly

Schools Out
    No More Mr. Nice Guy
    That's kind of what I'm after but not just the hits. What really exemplifies, to you, the best work of Alice Cooper. Not necessarily the hits. To me it seems that many artists have great work that never got to the hit/mass appeal stage and I'm interested in finding out which "deep tracks" might be on a different angle "Greatest Hits" album.

Post Thanks / Like

I started listening to Coop via his Greatest Hits cd, and for me. When I bought a album from that era I typically only liked the songs that ended up on the Greatest Hits. I did recently acquire the 2nd album, name slips my mind recently, and found it very enjoyable. But no one song imo really grabbed me like those. I did like Poison and a few other tracks Ive heard here and there that was released after GH. So I guess for me AC is just one of those bands that I admire alot and would love to see live. But doesnt have alot of newer stuff that really gets me excited. If that makes sense at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    So I guess for me AC is just one of those bands that I admire alot and would love to see live. But doesnt have alot of newer stuff that really gets me excited. If that makes sense at all.
    Totally. The original band had that magic. I've yet to find any of AC's stuff from the past 10 years that really grabs me either. I do have the DVD from the Trashed tour and that's a lot of fun to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

"Mr. & Misdemeanor" from the Easy Action album. I still like the 'Pretties For You' album, too (I saw them touring for this album back when I was a kid in Detroit )
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

I was all about Alice Cooper THE BAND but never even listened to Muscle or anything past having seen them in the flesh and blood from The Whysky in '70, opening for Black Sabbath, to the Hollywood Palladium '71, The Hollywood Bowl '72, and The Forum '73. Every time I try to pick a fave from that era I fail, and now I've discovered outtakes and such from Easy Action and Pretties For You that are better than the LPs, so that's in the mix as well. Bob Ezrin made that band and once Alice went on his own it was never anywhere near the same. You gotta love a band that freaks out Frank Zappa!

Long live Glen Buxton

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you've seen him a lot. That's pretty cool. I finally saw him 2 years ago and had a couple spiritual moments. Great rock and roll show for sure. Awesome entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

oxymoron?
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

P O I S O N

That's the Alica C. song that was played at every party here, when I was young.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    P O I S O N

That's the Alica C. song that was played at every party here, when I was young.
    "Your love is venomous poison." That's such a great line. I dated a girl once that that applied to.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys....I once took my MOTHER to an Alice show.....how is that for cool? Of course she took me to my first concert ever which was 1979 and it was Kiss.

For my selections.....Hello Hurray.....Billion Dollar Babies, No More Mr. Nice Guy and Schools Out and I'm Eighteen are musts.

Teenage Lament gets an honorable mention for me too....

But....my absolute favorite Alice songs of all time are.....(and I can play it on guitar)Only Women Bleed.

I Never Cry is a masterpiece.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the only Alice fan in the world who hates "Poison" tho.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    "Your love is venomous poison." That's such a great line. I dated a girl once that that applied to.
    I think we all share this experience Spud (of course not with the same girl, hahahahaha)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    I think we all share this experience Spud (of course not with the same girl, hahahahaha)
    Well...with this one it's entirely possible that we ALL did share the same experience. The list is quite long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast