Thread: Yet another free movies service

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Yet another free movies service

Signed up today for yet another Internet-movie provider, Voddler.

Looks like a good system. Over 3000 films availabe, all genres, and a lot of it free with commercials. Overall joining was free, and no charges other than some films cost 3-4 dollars to 'rent' but then no ads.

Another coffin nail to physical DVD/bluray media...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey now I am getting a blu ray player for Christmas! Don't declare it dead already!

Seriously though I love Netflix - $9.99 a month, unlimited streaming and 1 DVD at home at a time. Stream right through my XBOX and the quality is very good. I have seriously considered dropping my cable package, but I still watch some shows on TV so haven't gone that route just yet.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

progrmr,
    That's our setup also, w/ the exception of the X-Box..........we just got a PS-3........but otherwise the same. As you say, works great, Netflix is definitely a great deal for the $$$. We never had to go see (or rent) the latest releases, though. I find myself saving old concerts and westerns/mystery/comedy movies and watching them at my leisure, like this weekend (4 day weekend!). And Mrs. oldguy likes Hulu for the TV shows she's missed, although she hardly ever watches much TV. But it's there if she has time to catch up on a mystery or thriller.
    We keep our cable for local news mostly........very few shows worth watching on television these days, just a few.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

We have just recently made the leap to Blu-Ray.....it is well worth it...the picture quality is amazing. We have the 19.99 Netflix account with 3 movies out at once and unlimited streaming.....really the only way to go.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm just anxious to get more Bluray quality stuff to netflix. I've watched half a dozen but me wants more. Most of these services don't provide full HD stuff, or if they do, it's very limited.

But, I give it a few years...Google is already mounting its cloud service where people could save their music collection and access it anywhere. Much like all my TV timeshift recordings are already stored on the Internet instead of my home physically.

I already listen to internet radio on my cell phone too, so it'd work fine to have google host all my music too and access it via my phone for instance. That way I wouldn't have to carry an iPod around with me.

Some new phones already show full HD stuff and have HDMI outputs - I just saw the latest Nokia that does that; you can just stream full bluray quality movies, 5.1 sounds and all directly off the net to your bigscreen! And all you need is the phone for that. I can't help but wonder what shall we see in just a few more years.

The government just announced that by 2015 everyone should have a minimum of 100 megabyte Internet access. Currently only city centres have access to such fast Internet. That should be enough to run at least 5-6 full HD AV streams simultaneously without a hitch.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

We're doing the Netflix $9.99 deal too and love it! We play it through a Wii to our tv and my 13 year old daughter STAYS on it on her netbook watching tv shows. DVD's are definitely becoming more limited as far as renting...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

I don't bother with cable, myself. I use netflix and since I am in VA rather than at home, I have NHL Gamecenter for that fix. Great since it all works via my ps3.